Renaultsport Clio 182 released soon - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Nice pic 'Past'

Just hope they have the option with the racing stripes on the french blue cars.

Advertisement

At the moment I like them however give it 6-12 mths and I'll be over them. hehe
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

yeah, thanks "past". So that's what "Blood orange" looks like (that's the fifth colour the WA dealer mentioned). Looks like it might be a metallic finish

The $1500 Cup pack effectively includes $600 for metallic paint; therefore the suspension mods are worth $900.

RA
    Last edited by scirocco; 5th October 2004 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scirocco
    yeah, thanks "past". So that's what "Blood orange" looks like (that's the fifth colour the WA dealer mentioned). Looks like it might be a metallic finish

The $1500 Cup pack effectively includes $600 for metallic paint; therefore the suspension mods are worth $900.
    That blood orange looks like the Inferno colour from the RS Megane. Perhaps there are additional new colours for the 2005 MY cars?

Your combined idea for the Cup pack seems logical too, but I wonder if they are rationalising the range for NZ as well. It would seem strange to have different cars for the different markets with them likely coming on the same boat and utilising the same marketing brochures. Just wondering if the Clio 172 NZ spec had the 16" rims as opposed to the AUS spec Clio 172 with 15" rims?

that orange looks like a photoshop too me...

i would ge the blue if i was in the market for a 182

Tadpole

Hello everyone!
    This looks like a fantastic forum. Good news! Tuesday, went to Max Kirwan motors in Bell St. Preston and ordered a new black RSC 182.
    Test drove a 172 and was totally blown away. 7.3? You're kidding! More like 7 flat (yeah I know you can't tell the difference but it sounds better)!
    Yeah and as if the 182 is not under 7 seconds to the hundred. I don't care, it's pure poetry of motion.
    Will be in the garage mid-october.

No cup pack but considering front and rear spoilers. Lol, they tried to sell me over $1000 worth of tinting and paint protection, got them down to $250 for the tinting.

Great deal though, $34999 before stamp duty. Dealer said that over $35000 and stamp duty increases to 4% instead of 2.5% so he took some off the delivery charge.
    $36500 on the road with the tinting. One big smile from ear to ear!!!

Great deal though, $34999 before stamp duty.
    Isn't that full retail then?

I was quoted $32800 drive away for a 172.

Tadpole

No does full retail include the delivery charge? Because the models were all being ordered in...

Just found a new Clio 172 for $31K drive away... good price?

Probably around the mark. The RS Clio 172 "F1 Team Limited Edition" pack was advertised at $29,990 (including the free F1 team pack "valued" at $1,500) plus dealer delivery , so depending on the Govt. charges your $31K driveaway is probably what you would expect for a just to be superseded runout deal. Probably some room for further negotiation.

Cup pack - Yes/No?
    The 172 with 124Kw has 8-34Kg/kw
    The 182 with 131Kw has 8-32Kg/kw - a marginal increase in performance, but an increase no less. The only trouble is that 'the seat of your pants' probably would not notice the difference.
    I would strongly recommend you drive a Cup version + the standard model. The standard version may get you around the advisory corner speed sign at
    125kph instead of 60kph as posted before 'losing it'. The Cup version may go through at 130kph before drama. Personally (I have a dedicated historic race car) I would probable buy the standard version and buy a second set of rims with 'serious rubber' for a Sunday morning sprint or club track day. On my track car, I use Yokohama A032 tyres which are sticky and 'communicate' brilliantly when up to temperature. If I ran standard tyres, the lap times would be 2-3 seconds a lap slower, which in racing terms, is a lifetime.
    So in summary, I get the feeling that the only thing the Cup version will do for you - apart from the image thing - is play havoc with your haemorrhoids on a daily basis.

Tadpole

The 'new' 182 full retail price should be $1000 cheaper than the superseded 172 according to 'Drive' in the Melbourne Age

Tadpole

See this link for details from Carpoint

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

I'm also wondering about whether to get the Cup pack or not. While I'm sure I'd appreciate the handling bonus, I also do a lot of country miles, and I'm not sure a rock-hard suspension for 300 km on W.A.'s indifferent roads is going to be the right thing. Any opinions?

It varies person to person of course but most ppl definitely wouldnt find it rock hard. Havnt driven one myself obviously but I havnt got that impression from any of the many reviews.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by M.RenaultSport
    Test drove a 172 and was totally blown away. 7.3? You're kidding! More like 7 flat (yeah I know you can't tell the difference but it sounds better)!
    Yeah and as if the 182 is not under 7 seconds to the hundred. I don't care, it's pure poetry of motion.
    On Euro spec 98 fuel, officially thats
    max 222km/h
    0-100 7.1s
    400m from rest 15s
    1000m from rest 27.6s
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    that orange looks like a photoshop too me...

i would ge the blue if i was in the market for a 182
    No photoshop...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renaultsport Clio 182 released soon-8123_bd_ren2004clio_team.jpg   Renaultsport Clio 182 released soon-7001_bd_ren2004meganers.jpg  
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

I was at the Renault dealer in Ringwood in Vic today, the salesperson said that they had 5 pre orders for the 182's and 1 M225 but said that they were all waiting for cars to arrive..... He said the new policy is to have 1 of each model as a demo for test drives etc and they will then be ordered from there... and you wait for the order......

He see's the 172 to drop in price further on the secondhand market, they have a secondhand 172 there for $22.000 which is down on the online price

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/re...&pg=1&pp=0&d=0

RENAULT, CLIO SPORT
    Price: $23,898
    Special: N/A
    Trans: Manual
    Reg No: SYP227
    Year: 2002
    Body: HATCHBACK
    Engine Size: 2.0
    Fuel Type: Unleaded
    Km's: 65419
    Colour: MONACO BLUE

yeah the 172 will drop, but hey... its only money.

Clio's generally have pretty low klm's.... anything over 50,000 and they seem to drop in prce quite abit.

Hey Reno

Hey I was amazed at the prices, I mean it's good money for the car, and I suppose if the car has a factory history and with the modern engines well it cannot be such a bad buy..... just have to look for the damage side if any, but then again thats with any car......
    And you are right, it's only money...... and cars are not in general considered an asset anyway of we will always lose, just a fact ;-)

I don't know if anyone has seen this article or posted it, could not see it but it seems a good one, australian and gives some good facts

---------------->

Renault's Pocket Rocket Range Boosted
    http://www.webwombat.com/motoring/ne...ault-sport.htm

Renault Australia has released two new variants of its Renault Clio Sport, as well as the turbocharged Renault Sport Mégane 225.

Road test: Renault Clio Sport 172
    http://www.webwombat.com/motoring/ne..._cliosport.htm

---------------->

And just for interests sake this bit of news for 172 owners
    http://www.k-tecracing.com/news_story.asp?id=60

K-Tec Racing`s Clio 172 Turbo under goes testing. - 28/07/2004

After several months in development our Clio 172 turbo is now on the road and under going testing. At present the car is running just 7psi and so far this has given the car enough power to outrun the new Megane 225 Sport and even give a Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR FQ320 a very strong bit of competition up to 100mph (on a private road). In fact the Evo was only very slowly pulling away from the Clio even though the Clio was only running 7psi. Once the Clio is fully set up it will be running 10psi which should be enough to trouble most cars on the road. We hope to have more details, along with the final specification and prices, on our website in the next few weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renaultsport Clio 182 released soon-news_60.jpg   Renaultsport Clio 182 released soon-carbon_bonnet_3.jpg   Renaultsport Clio 182 released soon-carbon_bonnet_2.jpg  

what a neat looking job K-tec have done of the turbo clio. thats awesome. a bolt of turbo kit would sell well with the clio's... i would be interested. hehe

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    what a neat looking job K-tec have done of the turbo clio. thats awesome. a bolt of turbo kit would sell well with the clio's... i would be interested. hehe

Me too, & screw the insurance premium.

The Australian Renault site has been updated with the 182 info.

Points I noticed were (a) only the four colours (silver, black and the two blues; the "blood orange" is nowhere to be seen) (b) the ICE doesn't have a CD stacker; single CD only (b) they are offering a free trackday with every 182 or Megane 225 bought (d) cruise control is standard (e) climate control is standard (helps to justify the $900 Cup price - in the UK you lose climate control going up to the Cup version but you only pay 200 pounds for the upgrade).

Still can't decide if I like the 'racing blue" or not; looks a bit pasty in some lights.
    Last edited by scirocco; 5th October 2004 at 01:01 AM.

Tadpole

The 182 is available now here in NZ. My local dealer in Christchurch has one on the floor and is keen for me to have a drive (and then buy one of course). I'll probably go in this saturday and give it a whirl

I have a phase 1 172 at the moment, so will be interesting to compare. I'll be sure to post something.

Apparently the cup suspension option will not be available in NZ. Dealer says the distributers decided not to bring it in because it would be around $3k (i think that was it) and that the new chassis is so much better than the old that further benefits would only be felt if you were driving like a mad-man. Something like that anyway. Apologies if the details are wrong. It was a couple of weeks ago.

Mmmmm, turbo kit. I'd read about this about a month ago, and it still has me drooling just thinking about it

As for the free track day, I wonder if the invite can be extended to 172 owners (whom pay of course) ??? Then we could REALLY see how much better the 182s are....................
    JoJo

So, how d'ya like it then biologist?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread Information