When does the 225 Megane arrive?
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 When does the 225 Megane arrive?

I drove past Tynnans today and there was a Black Megane 3 door with factory 16 inch wheels ?225?
    Graeme

Advertisement

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AU-YT
    I drove past Tynnans today and there was a Black Megane 3 door with factory 16 inch wheels ?225?
    Graeme
    The 2.0L Dynamique LX (3 door) has 17 inch wheels standard. That is what you most likely would have seen

I'm (fairly) reliably informed that the Megane 225 will be on sale in December04... so it'll probably be in February 05...

The Kangoo is now on sale and the Espace MIGHT land here next year at...cough...$65000 +

The Modus should also lob here towards the end of next year or early 06 depending on Euro demand, and the all new Clio should be close behind..

Just had a look at www.chrysler.com.au out of interest to see how much a Voyager goes for. Looks like ranging from $53K to $79K!

Expensive things, these people movers...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!

From what I've heard the Espace will be the top of the range luxury spec with the 3.0L engine. I think the column read said that the target was for the Toorak tractor types who currently opt for X5 and ML320 etc.

Makes sense though, families who need the luxury and space for more than 5 adults end up spending that much on a luxury 4wd anyway. The Espace will be a safer alternative with good crash protection, more car like handling, proper space for a family.

Fellow Frogger!

what is the likely price of the RS megane ?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    what is the likely price of the RS megane ?
    Who can say except Renault really, but a few quick calculations here based on UK pricing would show it to be a little less than $50K

Of course, it would also depend on spec etc - ie. in Australia, we wouldn't probably get the electric folding mirrors etc.

Personally, I'd like one with a sunroof as well :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!

if its sub $50k I think it will do pretty good in the 5 door version.

Speaking of which, how will that hatch work, looking at it its a small boot like lid and then straight up unhinged glass. Is there something more to it? or is it like a sedan in a hatch costume?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    if its sub $50k I think it will do pretty good in the 5 door version.

Speaking of which, how will that hatch work, looking at it its a small boot like lid and then straight up unhinged glass. Is there something more to it? or is it like a sedan in a hatch costume?
    Believe it or not, the glass isn't actually vertical, it's a lot more obvious when you see the car in the flesh. It's a true hatchback, hinging at the top of the glass as you'd expect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When does the 225 Megane arrive?-meghatch.jpg  
    Last edited by Europa; 19th August 2004 at 03:56 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

very cool !

some say the 180 is what the gti should have been, probably a little unfair but for me the megane on paper is what hot french hatches should be like, turbo. I cant wait to test drive one myself !

I wonder if its been tuned to the max already or if it will take to CAI, exhaust and chip mods like many other turbo cars do?

i think this car and the citroen c2 are the two frenchies which will take off.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    From what I've heard the Espace will be the top of the range luxury spec with the 3.0L engine. I think the column read said that the target was for the Toorak tractor types who currently opt for X5 and ML320 etc.

Makes sense though, families who need the luxury and space for more than 5 adults end up spending that much on a luxury 4wd anyway. The Espace will be a safer alternative with good crash protection, more car like handling, proper space for a family.
    Talking of the Espace and Renaults, not sure if you guys know of this site:
    http://www.renaulttv.co.uk/main.php

You can view o/seas Uk ads and videos..great stuff!
    Also making of the vavavroom Cliosport Uk add

Cheers
    David

Thread Information