sonic extractors
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default sonic extractors

hey people i recently got a set of sonics from a fellow frogger for my 12.
    had the surface of the extractos milled smooth then went to the exhaust place to have em fitted up and reason for this is that i have custom exhaust already and they made that exhaust.
    They said that they wouldn t fit even thoguht they dindt put em on the head .
    the reason they said is becuase the 2 centre ports seemd not to line up properly with the gasket i think they had gasket wrong way aroound. There other issue is the standard 12 manifold gasket doent cover all surfaces of extractor face i think this not an issue use high temp silastic .
    Shouldi seek other exhaust place or they got it wrong.
    There were concerned i think that another 12 owner took some there had em made then they were wrong for a 12. They remade some fitted them up and realy stuffed about ot fit em i think they scared .
    The sonic shold be not a prob to fit but are there much advantage to these extrractors yes motor is modded and manin exhuast also .

Advertisement
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

So have you tried matching the ports up with a known Renault 12 manifold gasket? Or was the manifold gasket they tried using from a Renault 10?

From your message you say that the Renault 12 gasket doesn't cover all of the face of the extractors, this suggests to me that the manifold wouldn't match up with the ports on the head? Any pictures to demonstrate what you mean? Could be that the extractors are bent or distorted.

Are the extractors known to be (ie seen on and removed from) for a 12 and not a 10?

If you already have a custom exhaust on the car, what benefit do you expect to get from the Sonics? Presuming that you mean the car has a custom and not stock exhaust manifold presently.

Fellow Frogger!

Default extractors

yes to the gasket matching i have and supplied them with a 12 one my thought is they had gasket turned around wrong way or went of thre previous experience with there other alledged to be but not sonic .
    the extractors were of a 12 anda well respected renault person in melb suplied them to me .
    your other question was yes i have a standard exhaust manifold on the 12 but have early model long 2 oice pipe that goes stragight into a 2 inch system .
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

Thread Information