4cv/Dauphine wanted
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 4cv/Dauphine wanted

Iam still looking for a suitable 4cv I am considering a couple and during the consideration have thought about a Dauphine.I wonder if there are many/any restored Dauphines for sale . Ialso wonder what the asking might be

Advertisement

Price is very much dependent on condition. Both Dauphines and 750's seem to be rare in any condition let alone good condition, and restoration costs can soon exceed what the market value of a car is which again is dependent on what one particular person may want to pay.

Just keep an eye out for the dreaded rust bug, 750's and Dauphines can rust from the inside out particularly in the chassis, as well as the visible stuff in the floors.

Quote Originally Posted by glenough
    Iam still looking for a suitable 4cv I am considering a couple and during the consideration have thought about a Dauphine.I wonder if there are many/any restored Dauphines for sale . Ialso wonder what the asking might be
    Check out the Fifi thread (or have you bid already). There also a Dauphine sans running gear or interior being advertised on EBAY. I think it's in Canberra.
    Be a bit difficult to transport to WA without wheels though.

Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that I`m keeping an eye on both those Ebay auctions It wil lbe Interesting how FiFi pans out second time round I spose you can never tell with those French girls . (As I remember )

Thread Information