Clio air bags
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Clio air bags

Fellow Frogger!

Default Clio air bags

Can anyone advise on the procedure to replace the airbags on a Clio dash, and swap the seats, which are also bagged, I have tried to buy a manual but am told not available yet, mmm. Don't really want to just undo and yank them. Any procedures out there??? I am wrecking a 1.6 Clio with 7oook on the speedo and repairing two 1.4's, I need an engine control box for the 1.4 (smashed) unless I stick the complete 1.6 engine set in, are the control units compatible? Would appreciate some help here, its all new at the moment. actually, my 12 and 15 are lookin good!!

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Sorry can't help but like to say what bugger these car companies are for not devulging info to customers. Inquired about a workshop manual for a Golf and was told it is on CD and costs $1500.-
    Enough said
    Jobo

Default Try the NET

A friend repairing a AUDI R6 found all the info on a site and bought the CD.
    All I can say pirotecnic devices are dangerious . They require special handling a static charge will set them off. Most manufactures dont want supply info for at least five years to the like of Haynes. Great shame at least with RENAULT when it does come it will be good unlike Peugeot, read a 205 manual lately?
    Graeme

Icon11

It seems that they are just into cash and sucking dollars off the customers....its really sad thank god there is a great citroen dealer in sydney.

I am wrecking a 1.6 Clio with 7oook on the speedo
    Selling any parts?

Fellow Frogger!

Default clio air bags

ok to remove airbags from dash u ahve to remove the top of the dash there are torx screws on top and on side of dash and behind steering clolumn shroud which also has to come of then u can release passnger airbags
    drivers airbag is simlpy clipped in from underneath there is a relase long flat screw driver req.
    Computers on clios are not interchangled 1.4 1.6 will nont work seats have to clips inderneatedthe vseat then unbolt seats from under car don t know removeablke procedure to get them out opf seat though .
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

Fellow Frogger!

Default daniel

sounds like u've played with clios, great. is the computer to operate the air bags in the console, does it REset if the bags have gone off, how do I power uo after refir and the steering wheel air bag, i plan to swap wheels, is that tricky? appreciatew ur help very much

Fellow Frogger!

Default Bluey

yes parts are available 1.6 dynamique drive train and engine done 6.5 thou ks i'm using front body panels trim and mags

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fish
    sounds like u've played with clios, great. is the computer to operate the air bags in the console, does it REset if the bags have gone off, how do I power uo after refir and the steering wheel air bag, i plan to swap wheels, is that tricky? appreciatew ur help very much

if it's anything like a pug the airbag controller will be under the centre console and no they can't be reset as far as i know. that's not to say that someone hasn't worked out how to do it though but from what i have read and seen they need to also be recharged

if you do a search around the net you will find places that have replacement units and some of them ever describe how they work and what needs to be done in order to remove them without them going off

if i can find the site i found a while back i'll let you know but i do remember that it was a UK based site
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

yes parts are available 1.6 dynamique drive train and engine done 6.5 thou ks i'm using front body panels trim and mags
    Would you happen to have spare, a full set of front fairings and fasteners for inside the wheel arches and under the radiator, spare front black plastic lip and spare radiator and lower mounts including the bottom left radiator pipe that is molded into the plastic mount.
    I've got a 1.4 with a bent radiator, could you please compare the radiators of the 1.6 and 1.4?
    I've previously had an accident where i drove over a log on the road with the front left tyre (dirt road + blind corner + log on road + locked up brakes) and the passenger side air bag went off. None of the others went off and no one was in the seat. Does this sound in order?

Fellow Frogger!

Default clio bits

the clio im repairing will need some of those parts, i'll check and see what is spare, by arch farings do you mean the plastic inner gaurd liners

ill check the cooling system bits but i think they will be needed

by arch farings do you mean the plastic inner gaurd liners
    Yep.
    ill check the cooling system bits but i think they will be needed
    Cheers, good on ya.

Thread Information