RSC seating for 183 cm'er
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default RSC seating for 183 cm'er

G'day all.

Back in the mid 90's I worked in France for 12 months or so and had the great pleasure of driving a 1750cc Clio 16S (S for soupapes, valves in French) for most of that time, clocking up about 30k kms from the Netherlands to Spain ; what a little goer that car was ! Accelerating away from a péage it could juuuuuust out-accelerate a 206GTi 1.9, which always bought a smile to my dial !

Anyway, I'm contemplating the purchase of a new 172/182, but I find the seating position doesn't allow me to stretch the legs out at all, and I'm wondering how taller owners of RSC's find the driving position after a few hours ?
    I don't seem to remember this problem in my previous Clio, and I'm sure the seat rails in a new car could be relocated rearwards, but I guess I'm not the only one with this problem ?

Advertisement

Phil

1000+ Posts

I'm 6'3" & i've done the 8hr journey north back home...

No probs, but i've always had a bit of an iffy back, so i put some lumbar support (the one in the seat does NOTHING, cept push the hips forward!) behind me from time to time for about 15min-1/2hr... stretches everthing out & good to go back to the normal seat for an hr or two.

Leg room? no complaints there...

Hi lkyphl,

I think there are a couple of RSC owners who are over 6'.
    ParanoidAndroid would be the tallest at 6'7".
    Installing an aftermarket seat in Clio Sport ?

Also try the RSC mailing list or forums.
    http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/OZ_Clio_Sport/
    + =

Jeez mate you must have long legs !!!

I'm 6'7'' and I find the seat way too small and the head room a wee bit iffy but the leg room is fine. Are you sure u put the seat all the way back ?

I do find the steering wheel and gear stick is a bit of a reach (even with my arms) so maybe u had the seat forward enough so that felt right but compromised the leg room. Thats said, I've never been in a car where u could stretch your legs out fully while sitting in a decent driving position. I'm sure for most cars and drivers that would be the same

Josh

Thread Information