Espace IV in local paper
  • Register
  • Help

Default Espace IV in local paper

Hey fellow froggers

Advertisement

I spotted this article in the local paper and thought you maybe interested, I wonder if Renault Australia are leaking a few stories out to test the market or people think the Espace IV like this reporter should be hitting our shores........

Covert

Manningham Leader July 14 2004 Victoria

Renault mover a safe bet
    Espace IV was recently credited with a EuroNCAP five-star crash test rating.
    By Peter Barnwell

RENAULT is about to launch a new people mover into an increasingly competitive segment. We have already seen the Mitsubishi Grandis and Honda Odyssey, and the Renault Espace IV can't be far off.

It has been in Europe for about 20 years with more than one million soldEspace IV was recently credited with a EuroNCAP five-star crash test rating, scoring 35.11 points, the highest ever. The maximum possible score is 37.

This is a new design with a more masculine look, which Renault says "evokes both dynamism and stability". According to Renault, thecabin is "inspired by the world of contemporary architecture and furniture design".
    Espace's flat floor pan makes it possible to configure cabin space in many ways and to take up to seven people. In some models, each passenger gets special attentionótemperature control is individual in the front and back, and the volume and layout of storage spaces have been improved on the previous model.

Braking efficiency and fade resistance, as well as roadholding, have been improved. A restraint system that is equally effective for all seats has been installed, and overall forward visibility has been increased.
    The vehicle also offers a new generation of electronic stability control with understeer control logic as well as traction control. The back seats have three- point seat-mounted safety belts and an anti-submarining bar in the cushion.

Espace offers several engines, though we will probably see only one.
    In Europe, the choice is three petrol engines and three common-rail turbodiesels, coupled with a manual six-speed gearbox or an automatic five-speed flick-shift transmission. Like all Renault passenger vehicles, more than 90 per cent of the Espace's weight is recyclable.
    Two versions are available - Espace and Grand Espace, which is 200mm longer.

Icon11

I can smell it in the air it might be coming out here, OMG i cant wait......the best MPV in the world.

Why would Renault bother. The people mover market in Australia is, at best, stagnant and at worst declining. Unfortunately, a lot of people in Australia look at those f****n Pajeros, Landcursers, etc. when they want a people mover.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN
    Why would Renault bother. The people mover market in Australia is, at best, stagnant and at worst declining. Unfortunately, a lot of people in Australia look at those f****n Pajeros, Landcursers, etc. when they want a people mover.
    With a bit of luck, Renault can ride the wave of change when people realise that Pajeros/Landcruisers et al are really inefficient and expensive to run, and cause a lot of scorn amongst fellow road users.

Probably unlikely to happen though.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    With a bit of luck, Renault can ride the wave of change when people realise that Pajeros/Landcruisers et al are really inefficient and expensive to run, and cause a lot of scorn amongst fellow road users.

Probably unlikely to happen though.
    Would be nice but I agree, ain't likely to happen anytime soon.
    Maybe Johnny Howard should drop the tax on the people movers, seeing that the conservative parties are supposedly pro-family.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Fellow Frogger!

well, strangely enough, i have spotted at least three different espace in melbourne in the past 3 months. as i understand it, it's supposed to be released this quarter. the plan was to have a new model or a few new models every quarter.

Icon10

Well it sounds like Renault are testing them out down there in Vic. Like they did the trafic.
    I hope it does come out here so people dont keep getting into those wank cruisers and those pieces of shite that blast my eyes out in my C3....with their lights in my rear mirrors....

Thread Information