R8 build date
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: R8 build date

Tadpole

Icon4 R8 build date

I have just got a R8 which has been resprayed Gordini Blue it has a 4 headlight front but I doubt it is an original the engine has been replaced with a 1.4 someone has spend a lot of time on it as the interior has been reupholstered, and the brakes and front suspension have all be rebuilt. The only number I can find on the car is on the diamond plate in the front its number is 1566396. If anyone can tell me when the car was built or better if they owned it at some stage.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mjhough
    I have just got a R8 which has been resprayed Gordini Blue it has a 4 headlight front but I doubt it is an original the engine has been replaced with a 1.4 someone has spend a lot of time on it as the interior has been reupholstered, and the brakes and front suspension have all be rebuilt. The only number I can find on the car is on the diamond plate in the front its number is 1566396. If anyone can tell me when the car was built or better if they owned it at some stage.
    Have sent you a private message about a possible previous owner.

Tadpole

Default R8 origin

Thanks for the reply but I think the car may be from the NSW coast the interior is done in a grey velour and the seats in a grey material like the XE falcons used. It has 13" wheels and heaps of extra instruments it has also been completely rewired with a large fuses box on the wheel arch in the way of the drivers foot . It has speakers in the rear quarter panel and a set of map lights and speakers in the head lining at the front.

Thread Information