Fuego carb question
  • Register
  • Help

Default Fuego carb question

Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me the float settings for a fuego carb. I seem to be putting out an awful lot of smoke in the morning and it does stutter a bit when you hit the accelerator quickly. Any other reasons why this might be happening?

Advertisement

Thanks for your help.

What colour is the smoke, blue? black? white?
    Stutter could mean its rich/lean, or the accelerator pump isn't working.

Dave

The smoke is black - running a little rich. I am not to concerned as it disappears once the choke is off.

Yep black is fine, sounds like the choke is just doing its job, nothing to worry about

Dave

djkirk you have answered your own question. It seems your auto choke needs to be backed off a little, or perhaps the fast idle could be wound up a touch. The actual choke butterfly has a small grub screw to set the max closing angle near the top of the carb, screw it in a turn or two.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

1000+ Posts

djkirk
    To understand how the actual carby, emission system works on the Fuego it would be handy to get hold of the Australian spec sheet for the carby.
    (#77 11 077 101) it has 15 pages of additional information. [I have tried to put parts of it up on the board previously without success]
    The text on the carby mentions Page 8,Main features- a dual barrel carburettor with delayed opening of the 2nd throttle butterfly. Automatic choke is controlled by a bimetal spring warmed by engine coollant and is electrically assisted.
    An idle enrichment: -at full load , low engine speed on first barrel, - at high engine speed on 2nd barrel - A throttle plate opener. An Exhaust Gas Recirculation system [E.G.R.] working for water temperature 60 degrees celcius.
    An Exhaust Air Injection system which does not work during deceleration by way of a diverter valve - A themostatic Air Cleaner. - A fuel evaporative emission control system.
    Page (11) mentions that for cold starting there is a resistance heater in the choke housingcontrolled by a relay whicxh in turn is controlled by the ambient thermo switch that close above 15 degrees celcius.

The above information is probably not much help without the diagrams etc. If you wish you could PM me with your email address and I could photo copy and later snail mail the contents of the booklet if you are willing to cover the cost.

Ken.

Thread Information