Considering a clio sport. - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12

That Top Gear review...

hmmm i was a bit unhappy with the comments about the parcel shelf & rear boot...
    The parcel shelf & the comparison to "tracing paper" i thought was quite harsh, as the only real functionality i see in the shelf is to hide the contents of the boot! As per the recomendations on my driving courses, putting any sharp/heavy objects on it is just going to make them hit you in the head in a sudden stop, or block your rear view if they're big!
    So making it thin as is in some weird way, ensuring some form of safety & that you dont misuse it...
    The hatch being called tracing paper... well i dont think the hatch is really supposed to be a key structural piece of the car, sure it can have some influence, but i would've thought you'd be better of putting more re-inforcing into the rest of the chassis if you wanted to protect against rear-enders etc... (cheaper & more effective?) than in the hatch itself???

As for the interior build & plastics, well i think its a fair call. It is a cheap-ish layout (compared to higher priced Euro's, Audi's, BMW's etc), but its a cheaper price (as they noted).

Comments?

I'm not too fussed with things like that. If everything was built solid as a rock the car wouldn't be as light as it is... sacrifices have to be made here & there. Seems like the hatch & parcel shelf are one of them, I can live with that. As for the interior, I thought it was very nice, does the job. I like the soft touch look. not a fan of the gti180's elephant scrotum look. I really love the seats too!

Advertisement

Can someone please explain the suspension knock in detail. Does it only occur on full lock, as in doing a u-turn. or is it noticable whilst driving? is it a loud noise?

Thanks again for all your comments. I'm going to look at one (private sale) this saturday. $25,200, 27000kms. flame red. (would rather blue, but reds cool) 2002 model, if anyone has seen a better deal around, let me know. even if its a 2001 cup model.

Jason, the suspension knock has been discussed in other threads (run a search on "Official response from Renault" or something like that). also check out www.ozrenaultsport.tk where it has been discussed in detail too...plus its a great source of info for the RCS.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Jason20
    That Top Gear review...

hmmm i was a bit unhappy with the comments about the parcel shelf & rear boot...
    The parcel shelf & the comparison to "tracing paper" i thought was quite harsh, as the only real functionality i see in the shelf is to hide the contents of the boot! As per the recomendations on my driving courses, putting any sharp/heavy objects on it is just going to make them hit you in the head in a sudden stop, or block your rear view if they're big!
    So making it thin as is in some weird way, ensuring some form of safety & that you dont misuse it...
    The hatch being called tracing paper... well i dont think the hatch is really supposed to be a key structural piece of the car, sure it can have some influence, but i would've thought you'd be better of putting more re-inforcing into the rest of the chassis if you wanted to protect against rear-enders etc... (cheaper & more effective?) than in the hatch itself???

As for the interior build & plastics, well i think its a fair call. It is a cheap-ish layout (compared to higher priced Euro's, Audi's, BMW's etc), but its a cheaper price (as they noted).

Comments?

I'm not too fussed with things like that. If everything was built solid as a rock the car wouldn't be as light as it is... sacrifices have to be made here & there. Seems like the hatch & parcel shelf are one of them, I can live with that. As for the interior, I thought it was very nice, does the job. I like the soft touch look. not a fan of the gti180's elephant scrotum look. I really love the seats too!

Can someone please explain the suspension knock in detail. Does it only occur on full lock, as in doing a u-turn. or is it noticable whilst driving? is it a loud noise?

Thanks again for all your comments. I'm going to look at one (private sale) this saturday. $25,200, 27000kms. flame red. (would rather blue, but reds cool) 2002 model, if anyone has seen a better deal around, let me know. even if its a 2001 cup model.

Jason,
    Why don't you come to the French Car display on Sunday at Silverwater and talk to some of us enthusiastic owners..I'm sure we will persuade you (if your test drive on Saturday doesn't do the trick!!)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information