Fuego Gauges
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Fuego Gauges

Default Fuego Gauges

Does anyone know what the circuit board behind the tacho in the Fuego instrument cluster is for?
    Naturally, it doesn't appear on any wiring diagrams.

Ren

Advertisement
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Default Instrument circuit diagram

Havent got one yet, but over the next few months, I will be modifying mine, and I will put a diagram of the original, and of the mods, on the site.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel
    Havent got one yet, but over the next few months, I will be modifying mine, and I will put a diagram of the original, and of the mods, on the site.

Shane
    Shane,

I'm referring to the circuit board inside the instrument cluster, not the flexible sheet on the outside back. The one inside has electronic components mounted on it and there are a couple of trimpots on one end accessible through a couple of holes drilled in the instrument case.
    If thats the one you're referring to, what does it do?

Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Default Diagram

Yep, I'll be working through that one as well, to find out what iy does, how it does it, and how I can make it better

Tadpole

Default Circuit board.

Hi Ren,
    The board appears to be an amplifier for the oil level sensor,it has two connections to the level sensor and one to the oil pressure switch ,the oil pressure connection presumably inhibits the amplifier when the engine starts.
    The trimpots are likely to be factory settings for calibration.It is shown on page 272 of the Haynes manual it appears as an "A" on unit 29.I was intending to draw the circuit of the board but as yet have not found any info. on the IC used in it.
    Cheers John.

Thanks John. I don't need the circuit diagram, I only needed to know what the circuit board did. The tacho in my Fuego doesn't work and I was goiing to replace it with a digitial tacho. To do this I would have to remove the circuit board.

As the motor in my Fuego is not standard and is not fitted with the oil level sender, I can remove the circuit without any problems. My motor has a dipstick so I don't need a oil level guage anyway.
    I'm thinking the oil level guage could be coverted to an oil pressure guage without a huge amount of work.

Ren

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel
    Yep, I'll be working through that one as well, to find out what iy does, how it does it, and how I can make it better
    So how do you propose to make an oil level gauge work better? Just curious...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Thread Information