Is this cheap??
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Is this cheap??

Default Is this cheap??

I haven't a clue on Renault prices, but I just stumbled across this which to me sounds very cheap; like Hyundies/Daypoo prices;

RENAULT Clio Expression, manual, absolutely brand new, normally $19900, yours for $16,000 incl rego. Phone Barry on 0427 578 579.
    Publication Date: 26/06/04

Advertisement

Thought I'd post it here in case there was anyone in the market for one.
    Haven't a bloody clue what the story is but possibly an Art Union car???

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

It's ok, how KMs?

We've just helped a friend pick up a 2002 Clio Privilege 1.4 Auto with 4,000km and 12 months rego for $15,500, after initially asking for $17,500. The second hand car market is definitely a buyers' market!

Its okay, but i think the new Clios now come with freebies in an effort to move them. The renault web site has specials advertised on it, which are standard for all dealers.

on a side note, and one i will get kicked for. Went and had a look at the A3 2.0 FSI today, simply superb. Blew me away. All the new ones, including the demo were sold, but i arranged a test drive next weekend.
    Karl
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by storms_of_fate
    on a side note, and one i will get kicked for. Went and had a look at the A3 2.0 FSI today, simply superb. Blew me away. All the new ones, including the demo were sold, but i arranged a test drive next weekend.
    I wouldn't mind trying the TDI

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts

I guess the point is that it sounds unused, as Alan's suggested. Second hand Clio Expressions that've done about 40,000km go for $14,990, so $16,000 would be a good buy, IMO. You won't knock a dealer down to 16K.

Stuey

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    I guess the point is that it sounds unused, as Alan's suggested. Second hand Clio Expressions that've done about 40,000km go for $14,990, so $16,000 would be a good buy, IMO. You won't knock a dealer down to 16K.
    Stuey
    yeah true, very true. especially if you don't care about the free accessories you get with a new one. But... on teh other hand, this is bad news for me being a Clio owner as well, and somehow, i have the feeling that RS Clios dont' hold its value as good as the normal ones? E.g. if i went and ordered the A3 tomorrow, i wouldn't get much for mine and in the process lose a bucket load of cash... which means I can't go and order the A3 tomorrow unless I am filthy rich.
    Karl
    -----------------

Thread Information