Fuego, the ditch behind the back seats
  • Register
  • Help

Icon11 Fuego, the ditch behind the back seats

Hey,
    Does any one know what is under the ditch behind the back seats, cause i want to put a sub in the car without taking up any of the cargo room. So i want to sink it in to the ditch. There is a panal under the ditch that seems to go another 10cm deeper that the ditch, but what i want to know is what is in that free space, ie: if i start cutting wholes am i going to cut something i should not cut up

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Derek

The long tool box behind the rear seat is immediately above the back axle, the space underneath provides clearance on the axle. there may be some room that you could use. You would need to fill the tank and fully load the car to see what is any space you might be able to utilize.

My only concern would be that you would be sacrificing part of the integrity of the rear shell that would need to be re-sealed properly to ensure that normal bumps and flexing won't introduce water/moisture into that area.

The tray area itself has depth, if you stripped out the padding/deadner and made up a steel box unit to be bolted down to the existing tray - the box can be of any height (even above the back seats if you wished) to accomodate any sound system/speakers, and would be pretty secure.

Also it is possible to fit a multi disc changer under the drivers seat and out of sight (I fitted a Sony unit to one Fuego) and I suppose that you could fit Humungus speakers within the two back seat structures! Don't know what that would do for your passengers tho!!

If you still want to pursue the "cut the bottom of the tool box route", then come and have a look at the wreck partly stripped in the back yard, it has the tank removed so you can have a pretty good squiz at the underside and rear suspension set-up before hacking into yours.

Ken

Thanks alot Ken, i ll email u l8r to orgainise a time i can come down and have a look.

Thread Information