R25 Injection
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: R25 Injection

Default R25 Injection

Hi all
    Having problems (again) with the early Renix injection on my R25, stumbling & farting, it's a right pain, and I am led to believe, may be the lead up to something terminal in the efi. I may have a chance to pick up a later model parts car. The question is, can the later model ('89) injection system be fitted to the earlier model (86) car without a degree in mechanical engineering majoring in efi? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Mike

Advertisement

Default Aftermarket ECU

Have a look at the Wolf3d V4 ECU. If your not interested in maintaining originality, its a good option.
    Im going to be using one on my Fuego TXi conversion. They are affordable, very flexible and apart from the initial Dyno setup, can be installed and configured by you, using existing sensors.

http://www.wolfems.com.au/products/e...agement/wolf3d

Quote Originally Posted by Ren25
    Hi all
    Having problems (again) with the early Renix injection on my R25, stumbling & farting, it's a right pain, and I am led to believe, may be the lead up to something terminal in the efi. I may have a chance to pick up a later model parts car. The question is, can the later model ('89) injection system be fitted to the earlier model (86) car without a degree in mechanical engineering majoring in efi? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Mike
    I have an early R25 EFI computer in the bits collection if you want it.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Quote Originally Posted by Ren25
    Hi all
    Cheers
    Mike
    This would a BIG job, as virtually everything is different. But if you have the donor car, it shouldnt be hard. Most of the work will pulling all the emmision crap off, changing manifolds and getting the later engine loom to match the cars loom. Should be doable - and well worth the effort IMHO. The later setup is MUCH better.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

1000+ Posts

Hi, suspect you are going to over fix this problem. Try to have someone with experience to look at the problem. I know the early system has a few problems but they can be overcome. A mate has 2 25s and is very familiar with all the systems. He'd probably be happy to talk to you about it before you go to the trouble of changing everything
    JoBo

Thread Information