Fuego Wheels.
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Fuego Wheels.

Tadpole

Default Fuego Wheels.

Hello To All,
    I saw in previous discussions on this that Gemini or Camira wheels will fit on the Fuego, I have a standard steel wheel from a Gemini and it certainly wont fit, the brake caliper interferes and the centre of the wheel would have to be turned out a bit, so I assume I need mag. wheels, I have seen cheap Camira mags on Ebay. Will any of these fit, or do I need to look for specific types, any help is appreciated.
    Thanks John.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zamiac
    Hello To All,
    I saw in previous discussions on this that Gemini or Camira wheels will fit on the Fuego, I have a standard steel wheel from a Gemini and it certainly wont fit, the brake caliper interferes and the centre of the wheel would have to be turned out a bit, so I assume I need mag. wheels, I have seen cheap Camira mags on Ebay. Will any of these fit, or do I need to look for specific types, any help is appreciated.
    Thanks John.
    Zamiac,
    Hello and welcome.
    I did see a Fuego last ear on an RCCQ(Reno' club of Qld) day run that certainly did have Camira wheels. The guy who owned it had either got someone to make or made himself a lovely set of centre caps out of aluminium with the Renault Logo on them. They looked very nice.
    Chris

I believe the centre section of the wheel is load bearing - so that needs to be a snug fit, like the original wheels.

I've seen them also with a set of Honda mags - centre hole was definitely modified to suit.

There have been previous posts on this one, check through the archives here.
    Last edited by Europa; 21st June 2004 at 07:04 PM.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Girling calipers are larger than their Bendix counterparts fitted to some Fuego's, these will then rub on the inner face of the wheels. Also with new pads the calipers can foul the inner face of certain wheels.

Fellow Frogger!

Default rims

if u can get standard clio 14ny 5.5 inch rims they fit onto a fuego they are avaible in melb at caravelle so u can put clio steel rims with no prob s i know i work at a renault dealer in melb
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

Icon10 Gooooood Stuff

If u can get to Preston in Melbourne u can get a set of new 16" alloys and 2nd hand tyres for $650 the lot. These i can guaranty will have the right offset, spacing ect ect ect, cause i have a set of them on my car and they look fantastic. I can post a pic tomorrow once i have access to the camera

The place is: Mag Wheel & Tyre
    102 Chifley Drv Preston VIC 3072
    ph: (03) 9480 0911

This i d say is a much better idea than buying second hand alloys that ur not always sure of the condition they are in. ie a few mm out of round will cause alot of problems and is not always easily noticed

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Zamiac,
    Hello and welcome.
    I did see a Fuego last ear on an RCCQ(Reno' club of Qld) day run that certainly did have Camira wheels. The guy who owned it had either got someone to make or made himself a lovely set of centre caps out of aluminium with the Renault Logo on them. They looked very nice.
    Chris
    Hong Kong, I know the Fuego you mean and the Fuego is still around. The owner made the centre caps himself. He also machined the centre hole to make it larger to fit the Fuego properly.
    Maybe he should go into business converting Camira mags into Fuego mags.

Ren
    Last edited by REN TIN TIN; 22nd June 2004 at 07:26 AM.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Default Wheels for a Fuego

Here is a list of other cars that have the same wheel charachteristics (4 x 100 PCD, 38mm offset) as a Fuego that I have come across so far.
    Centre holes may have to be machined out - get a pro to do it - and my tame wheel guy, spoke to CSA & Speedy, and the machining can be done without weakening the wheel.

Dont take this list as gospel. Check it out for yourself, before you buy any wheels. Also be very careful with 2nd hand wheels, especially alloys, as damage can be hard to spot and expensive to repair/replace.

Also a list of new wheels that can be bought in Australia to fit Fuego's. I've only done 16" x 7" so far, as this is what I am going to fit (CSA Force 2 probably)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tadpole

My Fuego has Nissan Pulsar alloy wheels. They are not from the current model, but the superseded one. I have not checked the offset, but they fit without rubbing on anything and without any handling or wear issues. The centers are a good fit. I use 195-60x14s.

They are the design which was installed on the Pulsar Q, and are 14" x 5.5. The design from a SSS Pulsar are 15", and usually have a 195-55 tyre, and these would probably fit as well.

daniel the r12 nut is right, the Clio steel wheels from Caravelle Imports fit and u get the extra (bonus??) of the renault hubcaps from the clio as well. Ive seen a feugo with these wheels and they look pretty good on it. think their pretty cheap too

Jensen

Icon6

Here's those pics:

The oil stain is not from the fuego, its from my brothers purple jeep that is in the background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuego Wheels.-img_0109.jpg   Fuego Wheels.-img_0110.jpg   Fuego Wheels.-img_0111.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DragoN
    This i d say is a much better idea than buying second hand alloys that ur not always sure of the condition they are in. ie a few mm out of round will cause alot of problems and is not always easily noticed
    So how do you check on the quality of the second hand tyres that may have been standing around in the open filled with water, on a ship from OS etc etc........

I have 15 inch cleo sports alloys on my fuego and they are not a great fit. the inside back rubs,and the front will rub when the wheels are on a full lock and the suspention is fully extended.Only seems to happen at the crest of my steep drive.
    Look great though.
    Dont have the special renault tool either so removing hub caps requires long nose pliers and multi grips[wheel theives take note]
    Just a note, 15/50 will be a smaller rolling radius than the trx tyres.
    Acording to my piece of string,about 35-40 mm per rev

Icon11

I asked about the tyres, the guy from the shop said that they were usually from new cars that the owner decided to get new/better wheels for there car. And they were neatly stored in a room at the back of there workshop where u had to go to select the tyres that u wanted on ur car. I have no idea about there arangements for transportation but if their shop is any indication then i would say that is is pretty good

But, yes in essance u are right about them been 2nd hand and as such could have had problems. But i got the second hand tyres to save cost.

oh yeah, they only have tyres 16" and under for the most part, because people upgrading their wheels usually get bigger rims, so if ur going for 17"+ u might have problems

Icon12 Two years on Camira SL/E mags!

My 85 Fuego has the Camira mags and I know nothing about centre holes or load bearing - I just know that the way I drive, these are definitely doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel
    Here is a list of other cars that have the same wheel charachteristics (4 x 100 PCD, 38mm offset) as a Fuego that I have come across so far.
    Centre holes may have to be machined out - get a pro to do it - and my tame wheel guy, spoke to CSA & Speedy, and the machining can be done without weakening the wheel.

Dont take this list as gospel. Check it out for yourself, before you buy any wheels. Also be very careful with 2nd hand wheels, especially alloys, as damage can be hard to spot and expensive to repair/replace.

Also a list of new wheels that can be bought in Australia to fit Fuego's. I've only done 16" x 7" so far, as this is what I am going to fit (CSA Force 2 probably)
    As a matter of interest, what size does the centre hole have to be on the Fuego?

Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Fuego wheels have a 60.2mm centre hole

Robert
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2008 Clio X85 Cup Racer
    2014 Megane RS275 Trophy R
    2015 Koleos Expression

Default Camira Rims

I guess not all Camira rims are the same.

Camira steel rims do fit, I have seen them fitted straight off the wreck to Fuego's and Pugs to replace the metric rims - without a hassle. There are plenty of dead Camira's around so my advice would be to try a few more wrecks.

25 rims bolt straight up as we have discussed here before, they are cheap and look great.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Just a guess but i suspect that Camiras came in 13 and 14 inch rims. Kicjk me to death if I am wrong

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by DragoN
    Here's those pics:

The oil stain is not from the fuego, its from my brothers purple jeep that is in the background.

Hi DragoN I was wondering if you could give me more specific details of the rims you have put on your car. ie. model number

thanks

Tadpole

Thanks to all who posted advice and comments , I got a set of Camira SLE alloy wheels and tyres from the wrecker ($40.00 each) enlarged the centre holes they went straight on with no problems,I will see what happens when I fit new brake pads.
    Cheers John Ely.

Default How wide is the standart Fuego TRX wheel?

How wide is the standart Fuego TRX wheel/rim? (not the tyre, the metal bit)
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequatly explained by stupidity.

1000+ Posts

The width of the standard Australian Fuego wheel is 16cm

Offset from the boss to the inner edge is 12.1cm

Diameter of bare rim is 36.7cm

Ken

Thread Information