Movie starring R16
  • Register
  • Help

Default Movie starring R16

I've been told today that there was an Australian movie on TV last night starring an R16. Movie also starred David Wenham. Anyone know anything else about this?

Advertisement
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) (current)
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

Check this link.

R16 TL on 'Stiff' channel 7.

It was a Trak Yellow 16TSA. There were at least two of them, one the stunt car the other must have been the good one.

Talking of Renault 16's in movies....I came across a classic film called Trafic by Jacques Tati produced in the early 70's.

The opening scenes include the assembly process of R12's and R16's in the factory, and the plot is based around the creation of a concept vehicle (an R4 campervan) for the International Motor show.

In true Tati style the movie is absolutely hilarious and it's worth watching again incase you miss some of his clever humour.

Dad taped it off the SBS in 1994 (i think) so the tape is not the best, but I've managed to digitize it and cut it to fit on a DVD. I didn't need to cut much, 2 mins or so. I cut off the credits and most of the opening scenes, which don't add anything to the movie anyway.

Has anyone else seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Has anyone else seen it?
    Yes.

It's good, but not the best of the films by Jacques Tati.

Agreed

I think we've got most of his best on tape too. Mon Oncle, Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot, Jour de Fete.

I'd love to see some of his earlier stuff though.

I liked the "Car Accident" scene, with the DS
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Yes.

It's good, but not the best of the films by Jacques Tati.
    Me too, and I agree with Simon. Monsieur Hulot's Holiday and Jour du Fete gave me more pleasure. But what a film-maker he was!

If, as we did last week, you look carefully at Day of the Jackal (set pre-1965) there is also the odd 16, one R8 among many Simca 1000s, if you can look past Paris and black DS Citroens, that is. I got all misty at the sight of 6-8 black DS cars in a row. Great film too.

Cheers

JohnW

Quote Originally Posted by Simon

It was a Trak Yellow 16TSA. There were at least two of them, one the stunt car the other must have been the good one.
    There was actually 3 of them, the good one they drove, one wreck they rolled over and slid down the bank and another wreck they droped in the dam. I had the job of finding the cars for them. I like the scene when they were fighting in the freezer and the bad guy says "I thought you were dead when your French shit box landed in the dam". I thought that was the best line in the film.

David.

So of these three, will you be seeing them again when they are finished with them?