ICELED Megane
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: ICELED Megane

Default ICELED Megane

Hi. We thought you guys might like to see some photos of our ICELED Megane:

Advertisement

holy bajezus how many led's, cathodes and neons are in that thing ? i've heard of people doing this to there computer cases but not to there cars
    Last edited by orestes; 20th June 2004 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    holy bajezus how many led's, cathodes and neons are in that thing ? i've heard of people doing this to there computer cases but not to there cars
    It's ALL done with LED's. The latest generation of LED's are putting out really usable amounts of light nowadays! Vehicle lighting is a big craze in the US and UK. It's catching on fast in other countries too. ICELED even have a distributor in Aus too

Should be really popular with the Riceboys, Ill just go throw up now. BTW is this an attempt at blatent advertising, in contravention of the terms and conditions of use?
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Umm the owners of the local Homosexual disco called said they want there neons back .

Faaaaaaaarrrrkk Man, i wish i had them. NOT.

Thats ultra gaaaaaaayyy. And thats coming from a ricer too.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    BTW is this an attempt at blatent advertising, in contravention of the terms and conditions of use?
    Some one call 000 Forum Police .

O by the way ICELED if you are going to post anymore stuff about neon's, put it in the humour section thanks.

Do I detect a hint of hostility? OK, so it's not everyone's taste - two of you don't like it at least, but you lot would be pretty special if there wasn't some of you that thought it interesting. Anyway you ought to be thanking me for giving you an opportunity to show what big manly types y'all are in Aus Hey, I didn't go out and get a Megane just so I could show up here

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

as far as neons go in cars i can't see a big problem with them as they don't detract from the appearance of the car like shopping trolley handles on the rear and huge bling bling wheels

at least the lights can be turned off and no one would know the difference

i wouldn't have lights on a car but if someone wants a little rice without going overboard then this is they way to go

plus the way it can highlight a lot of areas like that car has shown is pretty interesting

i'd say let it be and in daylight or with them off who would ever know what has been done to the car ????
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

XTC

Anyone know the legality of them ?? Surely they can't be used while driving down the street ? (wrong coloured lights in the wrong places) - in Macca's after you've finished your shift showing off to your mates it's probably OK ...

Each to their own, but I think you'll find there will be more then just 2 people who don't like this style of "car enhancement".

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Hey,

What body kit is that for the Megane and are they the stock rims? Another question is do the neon colours alternate on a timer or are they changed by switches? I have to admit just the neons behind the headlights look pretty good tho especially in blue!

Cya Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

I reckon the leds will look at lot better after the car does a quality off road rally

Sorry, nothing personal, it's just not my cup of tea. You'll find overall on Aussiefrogs, most of us aren't too ricey.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Ouch my retinas....

That's truly awful and I reckon you'll be seeing it popping up on a hyundai near you....

Dont think they are legal at all here XTC. Espescially while driving
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by ICELED
    Do I detect a hint of hostility? OK, so it's not everyone's taste - two of you don't like it at least, but you lot would be pretty special if there wasn't some of you that thought it interesting. Anyway you ought to be thanking me for giving you an opportunity to show what big manly types y'all are in Aus Hey, I didn't go out and get a Megane just so I could show up here
    Why did you pick it? How much does it cost to put all those gay lights on your car? DO they run off switches, do they change colour automatically?

By the way, how does your car feel about its owner dressing up in gay lights? I know how kids feel when the parents dress them up in gay clothes and they get bagged. I feel sorry for your car.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Icon1

Interesting.
    Welcome to the board anyhow huh....The more diversity on here the better....hehe.
    The Renaulr owners might be able to get assistance from you maybe....

Icon1

this should also really be in the REnault section....

I like it! My wife thinks they're o.k. and my kids love it!
    Oh shit my whole family is gay!!!.....hey.....hang on a second....how does that work?
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

ever had a oncoming vehicle with neons on at night? they are VERY DISTRACTING. I can't stand them, i don't think they are legal, I HOPE NOT.

Hi,

Didn't think the meagane could get uglier but the brits have done it again!! Also this setup would be illegal in queensland, the cops would have a field day!! this is really should be in the toad pond where it belongs!!

AHAHAHHA

Nick
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

even the cat doesnt get it

Hahahahaaaaaa. I don't know what's funnier ... the megane or
    purr-geot ....

keep it up
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED
    Hey,

What body kit is that for the Megane and are they the stock rims? Another question is do the neon colours alternate on a timer or are they changed by switches? I have to admit just the neons behind the headlights look pretty good tho especially in blue!

Cya Stalled
    The red leds behind the grill look just like my radient heater at home.

Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Do those blue neons attract mozzies too? Might have to incorporate a bug zapper behind the grill there
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Imagine how cool this would have been in the 70's!

Now, I just laugh at the concept of grown men being fascinated by pretty little coloured lights. It's about as cool as hypercolour T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    I reckon the leds will look at lot better after the car does a quality off road rally

Sorry, nothing personal, it's just not my cup of tea. You'll find overall on Aussiefrogs, most of us aren't too ricey.
    Yep that's very true. It's quite different from the UK forums. I used to go on quite a bit to the UK 306 gti6/rallye forum and after seeing Aussiefrogs, I've come to the conclusion that the UK site is pretty much a waste of time. In general, they get a capable, quick nice clean looking gti6, throw some massive 17/18" rims on it, lowered springs, unbelievably loud exhausts (there are plenty of posts where someone would specifically ask what exhaust is the loudest, power output is secondary!!), fill the boot with huge heavy sub boxes etc. Essentially doing everything to turn a well designed, excellent handling car with awesome drivability, into something that will be slower around a winding piece of road than your standard toyota tarago.

I'm sure there is some artistic point to this on a car where those mods don't destroy its initial design purpose. I wonder whether anyone has done such a thing to porsches/ferraris. Then again..if they have, I don't want to know.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Anyone know the legality of them ?? Surely they can't be used while driving down the street ? (wrong coloured lights in the wrong places) - in Macca's after you've finished your shift showing off to your mates it's probably OK ...

Each to their own, but I think you'll find there will be more then just 2 people who don't like this style of "car enhancement".

- XTC206 -
    All the LEDs are computer controlled so you can program it to do anything - including white at the front, amber at the sides & red at the rear:

This is great fun for teasing the police because technically these are permitted colours. Anyone recognise the place in the background?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information