4cv r1063
  • Help

Thread: 4cv r1063

Default 4cv r1063

Hi all,

Advertisement

I'm looking for as much information, specifications, facts, pictures etc on the 750 1063.
    If anyone could be of assistance it would greatly appreciated.
    Liam Nuske

1000+ Posts

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rena...-t481-s70.html

I actually have a lot of information on 1063 models. In fact a whole lot of translations etc etc. But the site above will give you some. It is mostly about my project 4CV which eventually became a 1063 replica. Unfortunately it has now stalled due to time constraints but will start again eventually.

1000+ Posts

Just remembered the 4CV Register magazine called "Fourward" of a few issues ago had an article on the 1063's. I'll look it up and email you a copy if you want to send a private message with your email address. Both John Waterhouse and I have a French contact with a several of these original cars which are very rare. Only 80 factory cars were built and most have been rallied to bits and destroyed.

Perhaps you have a 5 speed gear box from these cars hidden under you bed and would like to donate it to my project. Hee Hee Hee. Well it is worth a try.

In fact John and I have just been discussing these cars in Australia but unfortunately all the information is hearsay apart from an advert for them from Pound Motors and a road test in I think Wheels magazine. There are at least two 5 speed gearboxes around some where as some ended up in formulae Junior cars. Australian 1063s were built late in the period of these cars and it is not really known who built them. But they were built in France according to the advert. They were very expensive. The 5 speed box alone cost about the same as a new 4CV in France. The factory actually made all the parts from 1063s available to purchase and these cars in France are known a "kitee" cars.

I think there is a thread on here about them. Perhaps search will work better for you than for me.
    Last edited by Sunroof; 15th March 2020 at 07:51 AM.

1000+ Posts

Hi Liam
    I did a search in the google search box up the top using 'R1063' and got 20 results. Interesting reading now, some of them I had some input. If you cannot get them ask me as I have the page still.
    Jaahn

Thanks, that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Just remembered the 4CV Register magazine called "Fourward" of a few issues ago had an article on the 1063's. I'll look it up and email you a copy if you want to send a private message with your email address. Both John Waterhouse and I have a French contact with a several of these original cars which are very rare. Only 80 factory cars were built and most have been rallied to bits and destroyed.

Perhaps you have a 5 speed gear box from these cars hidden under you bed and would like to donate it to my project. Hee Hee Hee. Well it is worth a try.

In fact John and I have just been discussing these cars in Australia but unfortunately all the information is hearsay apart from an advert for them from Pound Motors and a road test in I think Wheels magazine. There are at least two 5 speed gearboxes around some where as some ended up in formulae Junior cars. Australian 1063s were built late in the period of these cars and it is not really known who built them. But they were built in France according to the advert. They were very expensive. The 5 speed box alone cost about the same as a new 4CV in France. The factory actually made all the parts from 1063s available to purchase and these cars in France are known a "kitee" cars.

I think there is a thread on here about them. Perhaps search will work better for you than for me.

1000+ Posts

Sent. You should join the 4CV register. A must for any serious rear engined Renault fans.

I am a member of the 4cv register. My Dad and I have just been to the recent mini muster in a red 1961 Renault Gordini.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Sent. You should join the 4CV register. A must for any serious rear engined Renault fans.

1000+ Posts

there is a thread on here 1063 5 speed ,someone had in fact found a 5 speed dog box claude ,seem to recal he did in fact find it under a bed ,i recall benny from e and a motors at crows nest sydney ,they had had a 5 speed under the bench in the old days that they had swaped over for a 3 speed as ,it was beyond repair ,pugs seem to remember there s pics as well

My Dad is the guy who has the 1063 5 speed. Came from Norm Wray, and then was passed into the hands of my grandfather. Looking for as much information as i can about it. i think it came from Norm Wray's 1063 4cv. Back when he had Caravelle Motors.

Quote Originally Posted by pugwash View Post
    there is a thread on here 1063 5 speed ,someone had in fact found a 5 speed dog box claude ,seem to recal he did in fact find it under a bed ,i recall benny from e and a motors at crows nest sydney ,they had had a 5 speed under the bench in the old days that they had swaped over for a 3 speed as ,it was beyond repair ,pugs seem to remember there s pics as well

Thread Information