Shannons video - Renault R12
  • Help
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Shannons video - Renault R12

Default Shannons video - Renault R12

Latest video from Shannons, the R12.
    Not a bad discussion. Someone might even know Jo from Victoria with the R12 wagon.

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/vid...:20180426:6501

Advertisement
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Not a new video, been around for quite a while.
    Nice to see someone in Aus talking about a French car instead of the usual Ford/Holden/Jap/UK/US cars.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Good video, but they forgot to say the car was a worldwide sales success for the regie. Which perhaps explains why they came up with the idea of having it produced in spite of the fact that it was as they say less successful in competitions (like the R8) or in the quirky stakes like the R16. Quite a gamble for the regie to come up with the R12, but think of the competition at the time. Not that many competitors really to offer comfortable, safe, reliable and rather cheap motoring for the masses.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    Latest video from Shannons, the R12.
    Not a bad discussion. Someone might even know Jo from Victoria with the R12 wagon.

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/vid...:20180426:6501

I know her very well. Jo Edwards is my book keeper and I've known her for over 20 years. The R12 she bought new (or it might have been a demo I can't remember). She still has it but hardly drives it now, she has her late mums Toyota so the 12 sits in the shed. It's still on club plates and gets driven to the shops but only when weather permits.
    She has been talking about selling it because it hardly moves. She's a fussy old thing and keeps it wrapped in blankets and even wraps the engine in a blanket to keep mice out.
    She's moved out to a tiny town in western Vic called Merino now so she doesn't get to go on club runs anymore so if anyone is interested in her much loved Renault I can put you in contact.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Hi David, as it happens, I'm interested in an R12 wagon and live near Merino. I'll send you a message.

1000+ Posts

I can remember selling 12's at Kellow Falkiners..Never a problem selling them of Pugs.Always nice to see someone drive out in a car that ran rings around a Benz,Triumph,Ford ,Holden or such,with a smile on their dial, and even seeing some of the cars in the same hands ten or so years later.
    I was always impressed with the 12 Virages.They slowly dropped down to three thousand dollars...THEN STUCK LIKE GLUE FOR WHAT SEEMED AN ETERNITY

There is a very nice looking '69 TS manual on our cars for sale.in Vic.a Bit of matt blank under the side would make it really smile.IN THE LIST OF 4 0R 5 CARS FOR SALE.

Thread Information