Laguna 2 2 change from 17inch wheels to smaller 16?
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Laguna 2 2 change from 17inch wheels to smaller 16?

My diesel Laguna is great and has worked out well as a member of the family.

But, one of the rims is bent. Not so bad that you can feel all the time, only when on very smooth road you can notice.

So I will need to replace that rim, which got me thinking.

The 45 17s are really not suited to the type of driving we do. In sealed roads, pot holes and freeways.

It would make sense to me to go to a smaller rim and a higher profile to take the jarring out of some of the rural roads we use.

Can anyone recommend a replacement? Ie would a megane's 16 inch wheels fit? With a tyre like a 225/50R16 would give about the same diameter and same width.

Advertisement

Would a 16inch Megane have the right offset?

To me they look like very similar cars just a different set of panels. I don't have the Renault experience to know if I'm on the right track. Sorry pun.

Thanks.

Paul

COL

Some of the Laguna ii's came out with 16" rims, its to dark out side to see what tyre is fitted to my spares car.

Maybe your best avenue is to go to the wreckers and just purchase a set of rims off a Laguna ii that are in good condition, you may also be lucky enough to score a good set of tyres as well.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

1000+ Posts

Hi Paul
    If you look on the tire pressure sticker, should be on the drivers door edge or pillar or somewhere close, it will list the tires and sizes and pressures that were standard options on the various models that were available.
    jaahn

Tadpole

Thanks Jaahn and COL, looks like my 2,2 laguna only came with one wheel size 17, I've found a wrecker with a set of 16s megane, I might as if I can fit or at least compare. Paul

Thread Information