2017 Megane Aircon
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PCOATES505
  • 2 Post By JoBo

Thread: 2017 Megane Aircon

Default 2017 Megane Aircon

The heater/aircon in my Megane is playing up, aircon not as cold as it was, heater not as warm as it was, I am thinking a mixer flap problem, has any one else experienced this problem, car has done 40k kms
    cheers Pete

Advertisement

I am gunna get another 403 on the road........one day

A mate has a 2015 sport wagon with about 35k ac started being warm on one side I assume being a peugeot mech that it was a flap issue once I got into it found a evap leak quite annoying because of the low ks the dealer had never done a pollen filter as well that was even better.

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

1000+ Posts

Pete, hope you solve your problem soon and please let us know how you went. Something with the flaps is a plausible suspicion. Have any fault codes registered. Suspect these useless, fancy electronic systems will have a module for that.

Ours is 2015 with about 34,000km. Told them at last service (still under warranty) that the heater is not working until i set it on about 27 deg C.. Up to that temperature it's blowing ambient.
    Dealer told me that they checked it out - no fault codes and as far as they can make out it's working as designed They are trying to tell me that there is a cut out point and a cut in point which is fair enough. But up to about 27 there is neither. Not sure how i should handle that with them. Asked them to make a note but suspect they will dispute there is a problem.
    Aircon works fine.
    Also, the other day i found the rear of the undertray dragging on the road. They didn't tighten the rear two bolts so they fell out and two of the front three were not tight either but still in place. Hope the bloody well tightened the oil filter (hope they changed it as well) and the sump plug.
    A automatic handbrake module needs replacing. Have to wait till it arrives from France.
    All this encourages me to do my own servicing in future.
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

The first year we had the car, in the summer setting the climate control to 22c kept the interior at a comfortable temperature, if it was really hot 40+c we turned the temp setting down to 19 or 20 c today travelling home 26c outside had the climate control on Lo, which is less than 17c was just comfortable not cold. In the winter again 22 was a comfortable setting unless it was near freezing outside, then 25 was comfortably warm, now 25c is a common setting even when the outside temp is in the teens, even the wife notices the difference!! so It must be obvious

COL

Assuming the Megane uses a similar system to the Laguna i'm guessing it will be the evaporator temp sensor.

The best way to check if it is this sensor is to connect your OBDii scanner and scroll through the menus until you get to the air conditioning menu and look at the temp sensors. If the evaporator temp sensor is reading a silly number (higher or lower than would be expected) you have found your problem.

Where this is located on the Megane I do not know.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

I don't have an OBD 11 scanner, have no idea where the connector is, hell a quick look under the bonnet I couldn't even find the oil filter. Part of the reasoning for buying a modern car, was 5 year warranty, capped price servicing, so I no longer need to be floundering around trying to fix problems and doing servicing, just leave it to the dealership, but it would be nice to know what is causing the problem before it goes to the dealers, that way I don't have to eat the bullshit they try to feed you.
    cheers Pete
    COL likes this.

1000+ Posts

Ours is 2015 so yours may be different. The OBDII is in the middle towards the bottom of the dash behind a clip on plate.
    Kenfuego and COL like this.
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

COL

Quote Originally Posted by PCOATES505 View Post
    I don't have an OBD 11 scanner, have no idea where the connector is, hell a quick look under the bonnet I couldn't even find the oil filter. Part of the reasoning for buying a modern car, was 5 year warranty, capped price servicing, so I no longer need to be floundering around trying to fix problems and doing servicing, just leave it to the dealership, but it would be nice to know what is causing the problem before it goes to the dealers, that way I don't have to eat the bullshit they try to feed you.
    cheers Pete
    Try to borrow a OBDii scanner or buy yourself one, don't cost all that much and good for doing diagnostics
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

1000+ Posts

You shouldn't worry too much if it's under warranty. They can't really bodge this one - it's easy to know if the repair has worked!

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information