NOS parts for Dacia / R12 : new arrivals
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NOS parts for Dacia / R12 : new arrivals

jyl
    Tadpole

Default NOS parts for Dacia / R12 : new arrivals

Hi folks. Trying to grab a few things in Romania, as the main factories / wholesellers have stopped production some years ago and they need to clear space (mainly for actual Dacia models).
    Plz use this link, the list will be updated hopefully next week. Happy Xmas everyone.
    https://piecesalpinea110.com/product-category/latest-additions/dacia-revival-2/

Advertisement

Hi Jean-Yves, long time no see.

Is the final drive/crwonwheel pair for the french 365 boxes or the Romanian 365?

I am asking because the romanian 365 had a small crownwheel like the 395/352/etc g'boxes, not the larger, beefier french 365 crown.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

jyl
    Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Hi Jean-Yves, long time no see.

Is the final drive/crwonwheel pair for the french 365 boxes or the Romanian 365?

I am asking because the romanian 365 had a small crownwheel like the 395/352/etc g'boxes, not the larger, beefier french 365 crown.
    Will check, as normally no 365 type gearboxes are mentionned in the Dacia technicals I have. The lot came from the period racing department of Dacia, thus the guys in charge of the french built R12G entered in romanian rallyes.

Dacia has made five speed 'boxes labelled 365 and 395 but both had the smaller crownwheel. The ratios were similar to the french boxes, but there was more choice I think. I never managed to find a box with the close ratios of the french 365 (R12G), but I know they exist. At some point they also changed from the early driveshaft seal to the later outdrive seal (shorter driveshafts).

Who knows? Maybe the racing department had some proper 365 parts shipped from France or maybe they made some in house. Would be interesting to find out. Commercially available cars however never had the large crownwheel.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

jyl
    Tadpole

Thanx for the info. It's true that we found in the same lot some gears identical to the R12G competition ones (close ratios). I've measured the crown diameter, it's 170 mm, compared to the 353-20 (1600S) crownwhich is 160 mm. Unfortunately I don't have an original 365 to compare.

That diameter won't tell you anything. It's all the same for the boxes we're talking about otherwise you would need a physically larger casing to fit the c/wheel in and it would also mess with the pinion protrusion so the 365 casing would need to be very specific/especially machined to accommodate a physically larger c/wheel. The final drive would be sent back and that would move the entire secondary shaft with its bearings and all, which in turn would move the primary and so on.

What you need to check is the diameter between two opposing holes for the satellite carrier centre to centre. French R12G 365 is about 92mm, "normal" 352/similar crown is about 88mm. Even with a very approximate measure, you will see a clear difference (i.e. one is less than 90mm, one is more).

As far as I know Dacia never made the four satellite carriers even for their 365 (or any other) boxes.

353 is a R8/G? box, right? Or some sort of rear engined Renault. Those boxes all had smaller c/wheel. I remember Frans had to machine his 353 casing to fit the larger R16 c/wheel (which I guess is the same size as the "normal" 352 diff).
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 23rd December 2019 at 06:16 PM.

jyl
    Tadpole

Thank you. Your knowledge is amazing.

Nah, I just have a few diffs here I can compare.

Hi all,

Are we happy with the quality of this liner kit for an R12 rebuild? https://piecesalpinea110.com/product...rs-kit-1289cc/

Any issues with getting parts from these guys?

No Post or freight moving in Europe for a few months.
    See jyl "sh*t happens".

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Maybe, maybe not.

I have a couple of parcels coming with DHL from Germany and I can see they're in Oz already. Not sure how long customs here are going to hold them.

True, France/Belgium may be a different story.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; Today at 10:38 PM.

Thanks for commentary re postage - but do we have an opinion of the quality/suitability of the kit? Sorry - I don't know Jean Yves who I assume did the original post - is this coming with some recommendation - or did he just alert us to the offer?

He's been supplying Renault parts for a long time. Focused on Alpine/Gordini parts.

Ok thanks - I understand now!

Thread Information