• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Armidillo
  • 1 Post By Kim Luck
  • 2 Post By Stuey

Thread: Renault Kadjar review in 'Drive'

1000+ Posts

Default Renault Kadjar review in 'Drive'

A reasonably positive review (for an Australian review of a French car)
    https://www.drive.com.au/new-car-rev...ampaign=tile-1

But it looks like all French cars are now officially classified as 'quirky' (and I quote):

Advertisement

"Francophiles will feel right at home thanks to the media control pod behind the steering wheel and transmission-tunnel-mounted cruise controls, but otherwise there's very little to offend."

So what is that supposed to mean ? I'll leave it to team Renault to decide whether to be offended (or not) .

Cheers

Alec
    505604 likes this.

The cruise control on/off button location complaint is a total mystery to anyone with a brain. I don't turn my cruise control on and off and neither do you, so the control's location is irrelevant. I resume, reset or turn off the cruise control with the steering wheel mounted controls, not the dash or transmission mounted on/off button. I really think a lot of reviewers simply read stuff written by other reviewers, re-hash it and sign their own name at the end of it. It might pay some of them (particularly the Drive ones) to spend a half hour or so with the driver's handbook before they take off.........if they can read, that is.......
    JohnW likes this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

I think that's quite a good (for Renault I mean) review. Usually the conclusion in a French car review involves a 'but...' moment, but this one '100% recommends' a look against the more regular opposition.
    Armidillo and JohnW like this.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Kadjar...What is one of them when at home.?? Some weird names about.Someone said Toyota yaris's were built beside the Yarra.

Quote Originally Posted by pekay49 View Post
    Kadjar...What is one of them when at home.?? Some weird names about.Someone said Toyota yaris's were built beside the Yarra.
    That's true. The Yaris was invented in Australia before the wheel.........
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    It might pay some of them (particularly the Drive ones) to spend a half hour or so with the driver's handbook before they take off.........if they can read, that is.......
    Having watched a few of the videos that they have released into the wild, I was thinking that the appropriate question to pose is, ‘if they’re old enough to drive, that is’.
    Current cars: Peugeot 307 HDi Touring; Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; Peugeot 406 HDi, Peugeot 505 Familiale

Previous cars: 1965 Peugeot 404; 1972 Renault 16TS; 1970 Peugeot 504 1800; 1978 Peugeot 504 GL; 1976 Peugeot 504 LTI;
    1984 Peugeot 505 Familiale; 1982 Peugeot 604 (converted to TD) 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet (better car than the 2002 model we replaced it with)

Thread Information