• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sunroof

Thread: Latitude auto wipers...

bob
    1000+ Posts

Default Latitude auto wipers...

G'day,

these things must be one the worst driver "assist" things that have been invented, particularly when combined with French electrics !

The Latitude version thrashes madly at times when there's precious little rain. Latest trick is, due to the foregoing, the switch gets placed in the second position to calm things down - the rain slows a little and the bloody 'puter takes over again and pauses the wipers !!

Much the same as the so called manual gear selection, it's only manual if the 'puter approves your selection.....

Advertisement

cheers,
    Bob

They work fine on every peugeot or Citroen Iíve ever had as long as the wipers are good and screen is clean.
    Must admit the newer half pug works better than the C5 did.

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

COL

My Renault Laguna ii auto wipers work fine.

Thats after I fixed them where some muppet had lost the little silicon pad that goes between the windscreen and the sensor proper.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

1000+ Posts

My Latitude auto wipers work fine. I think one of the best modern additions to cars, along with the presence key, and auto lights. Just finished a club economy run in my Latitude diesel auto. I never try too hard and in fact get sick of following the "try hards" and so often blast past them. But 47.5 mpg is pretty good for a big car. For the last 2 or 3 years of daily use my litres per 100 k's according the computer was 7.3. I love my Latitude as a family commuter. Since 2013, apart from fuel and services it has cost one set of rear disc pads, and a battery, two sets of tyres, which should have been only one set if the original toe in had been set right at the factory. Along with the R20, probably one of the most under rated cars of all time.
    David M and Kenfuego like this.

1000+ Posts

FWIW my Mi16 apparently did over 48 mpg in the local Pug club economy run some years ago (first owner).

On topic, my 206's auto wipers work fine, but the Mrs Mondeo is better with its adjustable sensitivity.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

must just be me, not holding my mouth right....

The trip 'puter has also just come good on it's clock, since SWMBO finished playing with it for two days, no good on auto summer time, it likes manual it seems - at the moment anyway. Used to tell us we'd be home before we left...

Petrol economy is OK here in the sticks, 9-10 l/100k, for the size of the car - it certainly has some poke when shoved. Dunno that I'd want to feed it though in the commuter crawl !!

cheers,
    Bob

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    FWIW my Mi16 apparently did over 48 mpg in the local Pug club economy run some years ago (first owner).

On topic, my 206's auto wipers work fine, but the Mrs Mondeo is better with its adjustable sensitivity.
    Probably depends on how much town running and how many hills etc. My previous year was 53.3 MPG but there was little town running and not as many hills.

bob
    1000+ Posts

Default more gremlins....

G'day,

it reminded me again today, that silly massage thing in the seat. Fires up of it's own free will every now and again.... French electrics again....

As to the auto headlights, yep, pretty good when you drive into an underground carpark, but they ought to come on a bit sooner getting towards sunset. You'd think that there would be some sort of adjustment for the sensitivity, particularly as they didn't see fit to give it DRL.

I'm waiting for the auto leveling thing to start dancing in traffic....

cheers,
    Bob

1000+ Posts

The seat massaging thing was one reason I bought mine as on long trips in my Kluger my back ached. So I do use it on a long trip say Bris to Sydney. But otherwise it is never on. But it lets me set the lumber support in just the right place that no other car is. I used to have a small cushion just for lumber support on other cars. Come to think about it, the massage has come on by itself once before, to my surprise.

I do agree re the auto lights being slow to come on sometimes on dusk. But our twilight is much shorter in Qld so perhaps it's not such a problem. We have a few long tunnels in Bris and Sydney and the auto lights are great for them. Also you never forget to turn the lights off if used during the day. Although my older Landrover does give a strident dinging if I turn off the engine and forget the lights.

Fellow Frogger!

I hate our Latitude. Cheap plastic bits that break, dash is beginning to show signs of buckling, b pillar plastics under drivers seat belt cracked, stitching on drivers seat coming undone and centre console lid no longer latching. Cheap rubbish. Disappointing diesel engine when compared to our c5 and 407.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1000+ Posts

Wow dcc236 thats a shame. Does yours sit out in the sun all day? Ours is almost always undercover except when shopping etc. None of those thing have happened to mine. Not sure about the diesel I am happy with mine but then it is the only car I have had with a diesel. Did have an Ford (Mazda) Econovan diesel once. It was sans turbo so a bit gutless.

Fellow Frogger!

No but it's previous owner use to keep it outside.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thread Information