R1135 Gordini 1967 Again
  • Help

Default R1135 Gordini 1967 Again

Thanks for replies to previous question about springs.
    Another about suspension springs. Has any one checked rates on these, and where, as I am in Newcastle area & can't find anyone up here.
    It is 75000 miles not Klms that the car has done before me. It also has not be driven for 30 years!
    Regards,
    Ross

Advertisement

Cannot answer you, but I can suggest you don't worry about that now. If the car's height is not what you think it should be after assembly it can be changed with other springs on a Saturday morning, unlike valve springs.

In the end, it will all depend on the wheel sizes, standard 15" wheel will require standard spring lengths, 13" alloys will want the coils cut so that the wheel well gets filled nice and evenly. When complete, you can drive it for a week so that the suspension can settle a bit before you change anything.

Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frans View Post
    Cannot answer you, but I can suggest you don't worry about that now. If the car's height is not what you think it should be after assembly it can be changed with other springs on a Saturday morning, unlike valve springs.

In the end, it will all depend on the wheel sizes, standard 15" wheel will require standard spring lengths, 13" alloys will want the coils cut so that the wheel well gets filled nice and evenly. When complete, you can drive it for a week so that the suspension can settle a bit before you change anything.

Frans.
    Thanks Frans,
    !5'' wheels are the go with 165 XAS tyres.
    Will check in manual for lengths, but compression rates are what I would like to check.
    Regards,
    Ross

...or...if you want some sexy rims...

Custom A110 rims with Gotti Centres
    1969 Alpine A110

Thread Information