Megane 3 2010/11 Fault help
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Megane 3 2010/11 Fault help

Tadpole

Default Megane 3 2010/11 Fault help

HI All, Earlier posted but cannot locate on forum so posting again.

Driving home from work about 38 degrees so a bit warm and near home and got this series of warning lights and error message.

Spanner light on
    Check Auto gearbox - this was in white text white box
    Check ESP - Red text red box
    Check Fuel Injectors - Red tex red box

The PDF has all the results from the scan from that initial event. It was cleared and ok until the 8th Nov again a hot day approx 38 degrees -got another scan not same scan tool as per attached images but the exact same sequence of warning light and error messages.

Would anyone have an idea on what is actually going on - it seems fine until the outside temp gets high.

Note, when I restart the car when cold or had left it for a bit the messages etc are gone - like it never happened. So seems to be only heat that causes the problem... Scratching my head on this ... Any help greatly appreciated .

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Megane 3 2010/11 Fault help-renault_megane_mega.png   Megane 3 2010/11 Fault help-renault_megane_megane-iii.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

1000+ Posts

Can't solve your car's problem but i found a similar laundry list of faults when the battery (Megane III) decided to fail. However the faults remained in the system until i cleared them.
    If battery (shouldn't be a problem with warm weather but i don't know)and charging in hot weather check out ok the next thing i'd check is the resistance of the CAN Bus. I think it's pin 4 or 6 and pin 14 or 16 on the OBD II plug. Should be about 60 ohm if i recall???
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

1000+ Posts

I agree with JoBo I'd check the battery voltage when the fault occurs, even though the "when hot" seems odd. It's probably something else but battery is an easy check to do if you have a meter. Even an 11.8 volts gave odd faults on my Latitude.

Tadpole

Thanks Sunroof - will try and get my hands on a meter to check this - so very weird this fault...

Tadpole

HI JoBo, Thanks!! The battery has been changed in August as had its day and the new one was tested on the first appearance of the fault (though cannot tell if they did this when hot). Thankfully the laundry list has been cleared to only 3. I will try and get my hands on a meter to test this as usually it only occurs about 20 mins from home and I've been driving for about an hour by then - but as I said only when it is pretty hot outside do these error messages come up - I don't suffer any drive issues such as limp mode or anything like that - it is just really weird...

1000+ Posts

Maybe the alternator output is affected by heat and battery voltage drops enough to cause the issue. Just throwing out an idea, I know it's fairly unlikely.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Tadpole

HI Stuey, Maybe onto something there as when I had it tested the 2nd time the guy mentioned that at idle my alt was working at 13.3v but other people are telling me that been a smart alt this shouldn't be a problem but given I don't got into limp mode when it happens and only at high temps say 38 and not any other time - travelling the same distance to work there and back each day - this cannot be ruled out - some more digging to do!!!

Thread Information