R20 Clutch
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dacia4x4

Thread: R20 Clutch

Fellow Frogger!

Default R20 Clutch

I,m afraid I,m a stranger on this forum. Having been given an R20 by a mate I've discovered that the motor runs well but it needed a new clutch. Now having fitted one I see that the spring clips that retain the clutch realise bearing are missing!! Help required please.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Brian,apologies for late response but I have just checked out my r20 5speed in the shed and it does not have retaining clips on the thrust bearing.what it does have is a thrust bearing with one tab each side that wraps around the back of the clutch fork,this would pull the thrust bearing back when pedal released.i hope this helps.......jim

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Jim, mine is an R20 TS.I have 2 thrust bearings, one old and one new but neither matches your description. When I fit them they can float back and forth about 2 cms

Fellow Frogger!

hi brian, not sure which brand of thrust bearing you have,but if they heave holes at side of thrust bearing carrier and corresponding holes in clutch fork ,I can only suggest obtaining some ,R,clips or similar from your local bolt or agri supply place to secure thrust bearing to release fork.again I hope this a help.......jim
    Shoji likes this.

Thread Information