• 2 Post By jyl
  • 1 Post By Shoji
  • 2 Post By jyl
  • 1 Post By schlitzaugen

Thread: Renault 12 bits

jyl
    Tadpole

Default Renault 12 bits

Hi guys. For the last months, Oli and I have been busy with the Dacia revival. As you may know, the Romanian cars were basically R12 Gordini shells (what was called bad roads version) and R12 1300 bits. Besides that, there was a rally department locally, backed by Renault (so some factory R12G were send there). We are trying to develop some competion parts, but also to source some basic road parts of acceptable quality (so not from Turkey).
    Please check my website (work still in progress, trying to add new items on a regular basis)
    https://piecesalpinea110.com/product...sive-products/
    https://piecesalpinea110.com/product...cia-revival-2/
    and Oli's facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/olson.parts
    Thanx

Advertisement
    bowie and vivid like this.

Excellent! The solid caster bars look interesting, I’d seen them in the 12/17 competition guide.
    2002 Monaco Blue Renaultsport Clio 172
    1975 R1317 Renault 17 Gordini

COL

Like your website, lots of information there.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

1000+ Posts

Well done, and thanks for posting.

(Former R12 owner).

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

I had you listed
    French Car Part Shops
    vivid likes this.
    “Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” Cheers. John

Well done, good initiative.

What do you mean by Gordini shells? I mean how were they different fromt he "normal" R12 shell?

I know some of the (later) Dacia variants had 5 speed gearboxes, but they never had the large four satellite 12G diff. They did however have g'boxes labelled 365 and 395, but all of them had the same two-satellite diff you find in any run of the mill garden variety 12 (352 g'box). They did however come with a wider combination of gears/ratios, not necessarily related with Renault offerings in other markets.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

jyl
    Tadpole

Hi guys. Thanx for the comments. Albeit I know some of you for a certain time, by supplying parts, I always have been kind of shy to expose my commercial activity, as I always favoured the "mouth to ear" publicity. The shells assembled in Romania were with the reinforced elements ie the sills had doubled sleeved sheets, like the R12G. 15 years ago I managed to get bodyshells parts from Conex in Romania (they had exclusiity for supplying those parts as aftermarket sanctionned bits, and they were identical to french parts). It's certain that after some time, romanians came up with derived versions / cars that were not really massproduced elsewhere.
    vivid and bowie like this.

The shells where different!

HOT BREAKING NEWS!

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Quote Originally Posted by jyl View Post
    Hi guys. Thanx for the comments. Albeit I know some of you for a certain time, by supplying parts, I always have been kind of shy to expose my commercial activity, as I always favoured the "mouth to ear" publicity. The shells assembled in Romania were with the reinforced elements ie the sills had doubled sleeved sheets, like the R12G. 15 years ago I managed to get bodyshells parts from Conex in Romania (they had exclusiity for supplying those parts as aftermarket sanctionned bits, and they were identical to french parts). It's certain that after some time, romanians came up with derived versions / cars that were not really massproduced elsewhere.

That is very interesting.

Another thing of potential interest, I found driveshafts made for Dacia by GKN, which fit the 395 (our numbers) boxes. These are 1cm longer than those used with the 352 'boxes. Mine came from Hungary, not sure where you would chase them now. This was about 10 years back when I wanted to put a 395 in my R12.
    Shoji likes this.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

jyl
    Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    The shells where different!

HOT BREAKING NEWS!
    Well, from my experience all the bits I managed to recoup fit the R12G. I agree that there are some minor differences in terms of lights / indicators /fuel cap position, but nothing really annoying when you restore a car with new panels.
    There are still some NOS parts in RO, they can be sourced (I agree the 385/395 was extensively fitted to those cars).

Quote Originally Posted by jyl View Post
    Well, from my experience all the bits I managed to recoup fit the R12G. I agree that there are some minor differences in terms of lights / indicators /fuel cap position, but nothing really annoying when you restore a car with new panels.
    There are still some NOS parts in RO, they can be sourced (I agree the 385/395 was extensively fitted to those cars).
    You mean 365, of course.

Do not forget though the important diff detail.

jyl
    Tadpole

Not sure. From the Dacia PR i've seen, there were no 365 mentionned, but some parts were similar in the 385/395 versions. The 365 was kind of top range in France (R12G, A110 1600SC, A310) so I suspect it would have been too expensive for the romanian production (but I can confirm that factory supported rally cars had 365 fitted)

There was never a 'box labelled 385 used on Dacias. They were all 352, 395 and 365 with the differences I explained above.

I am talking of course about the sedan/wagon cars. At some point Dacia started building all sorts of utes, diesels, 4WD etc, things never built by Renault on the back of the 12. Don't know much about any of those.

I think there were 6 R12G imported in Romania for competition in 1970, some still in existence today. Those however were fully imported from France.

Thread Information