X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released

Finally heres the Logan (X90).

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7577_bd_ren2004dacialogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7578_bd_ren2004dacialogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7579_bd_ren2004dacialogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7580_bd_ren2004dacialogan.jpg  
    Last edited by Craig; 2nd June 2004 at 10:03 PM.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Fellow Frogger!

And more pics....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7582_bd_ren2004dacialogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7583_bd_ren2004dacialogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7581_bd_ren2004dacialogan.jpg  
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Hi Criag that does not look too offensive for a small sedan/hatch. Any tech data associated with the pics? I saw that the projected price was 5000euro which should scare the budget suppliers.
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

Fellow Frogger!

Renault version.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7695_bd_ren2004renaultlogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7696_bd_ren2004renaultlogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7697_bd_ren2004renaultlogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7698_bd_ren2004renaultlogan.jpg   X90 - Renault / Dacia "Logan" released-7699_bd_ren2004renaultlogan.jpg  
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Fellow Frogger!

It uses either the K7J or K7M Renault petrol engines.
    K7J 710 1390cc 55kw 112mkg with JH1 5spd, max 162mh/h
    K7M 710 1598cc 64kw 128mkg with JH3 5 spd, max 175km/h

Russian price 8-10k euro
    In Central Europe, Turkey, Middle East and Northern Africa it will be a Dacia.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Icon10

I think it looks pretty nice actually. I like the interior pics also very nice indeed. For an inexpensive car it really is quite nice.
    With daewoo dropping off from australia and going broke maybe we need a sub euro car here in australia too....?
    I think its quite nice....

Administrator

Does this mean that the R12 based Dacia's will finally be laid to rest? (I think they are still in production)

As for the 'Logan' I suppose it's all right in entirely eastern europe, unemotional, generic kinda way..........

BTW - It's good, to see the marketing department spent a whole 5 minutes on the new slogan, "Renault Logan, from impossibility to success" ...time for another coffee boys......

Logan sounds a bit too close to Bogan to be comfortable.
    Hope they use a different name if they ever release them here.

Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

I thought the rear door shape was reminiscent of the R19, but then again, I haven't spent long looking at either car...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

The style doesn't do a lot for me, looks very early-mid 90's. Old model VW/ Euro Ford styling. I suppose in the proposed eastern European and middle eastern markets where a new car is based on the style of a Renault 12 or Hillman Hunter it would be perceived as an advance.

But as Daewoo can't cut it in AUS, and is now leaving, I'd find it very hard to think that VDA would even think for a second of such a car for AUS. The lower end cut throat market sector wouldn't really be a market sector they would really want to be involved with.

Default Renault Grogan

I think the Daewoo stuff is a bit more complicated than it seems. The marketing of the vehicles under GM was pretty poor and as others have suggested here maybe it was intended to kill the marque off pending Holdenisation.

If Renault could unload the Grogan with the diamond badge at something like a 5,000 euro price tag here then it could well be a goer.

The big questions would be whether it is intended to ever produce it in rhd form and whether they can up the quality control to acceptable standards?

I thought it looks kinda 19ee as well.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Sounds like it is priced and equipped to suit a certain market.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3771185.stm

Ahhh will it be produced in RHD cause most of these markets which the car is being marketed to is LHD?

Cya Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Well Stalled, the Sunday times reported;
    "Meanwhile, Renault promises a €5,000 (about £3,370) car from its Dacia subsidiary in Romania. Louis Schweitzer, the company’s president, says that this car, codenamed X90, will conform to all European Union regulations and be sold in central and eastern Europe at a tax-paid price of less than €5,000. Renault has no plans to export it to western Europe, although independent firms may do so. The X90 will not, however, be offered with right-hand drive. "
    Seems like it would be an ideal starter model for our cheapskate market as long as it could cope with our UV conditions and was reliable! Seems crazy not to design for RHD at some stage as the poms love a bargin and that price would make it a winner there.
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

'It's not a Lada'

There ya go...they just lost the Pom market.

The plateform of this Dacia/Renault is very modern: actually Nissan Micra and Renault Modus (and the future Clio3) using even basis.
    The rest is simplify to be reliable and simple but "up-to-date".

It's definitely not a cheap car!

Funny, the russian version will be specific with a steel of body 3 times thicker than the Logan -> the climatic conditions are very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapalisse
    The plateform of this Dacia/Renault is very modern: actually Nissan Micra and Renault Modus (and the future Clio3) using even basis.
    The rest is simplify to be reliable and simple but "up-to-date".

It's definitely not a cheap car!

Funny, the russian version will be specific with a steel of body 3 times thicker than the Logan -> the climatic conditions are very hard.
    Starting to sound more and more like a Lada! The original Lada 2101 had three times thicker metal than its Fiat 124 clone for the same climatic and terrain reasons.

I can't really understand that "It's not a Lada" statement by M. Schweitzer. As the Fiat 124/Lada 2101 and Renault 12/Dacia 1300 were both considered state of the art cars at their introduction in the late 1960's, like the Logan is touted now, and it would seem the that the Dacia 1300 still has some life left in it from these pictures.....

http://www.dacia.ro/eKontentDaciaFil...fii/index.html

Good to see that the old 12 is still soldiering on, at this rate it would have to be the second oldest design current production vehicle in the world. 35 years old and still going. Certainly the last VW Beetle and possibly the last 2CV would not have had too many parts directly interchangeable with their first production cousins.

For those not sure what a Hindustan is, check this site.....Interesting service and driving tips, also refurbishment kits!

http://www.hmambassador.com/

[QUOTE=Simon]
    Good to see that the old 12 is still soldiering on, at this rate it would have to be the second oldest design current production vehicle in the world. 35 years old and still going. Certainly the last VW Beetle and possibly the last 2CV would not have had too many parts directly interchangeable with their first production cousins.

Gee Simon, 5 stud wheels....vented disc brakes...diesel engined Romanian Jumbucks....a digital clock even. That site has some interesting cutaways, underbody shots and mechanical close ups.

And all this time I thought that the x90 was a funny little car made by Suzuki that looks like thisX90
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    For those not sure what a Hindustan is, check this site.....Interesting service and driving tips, also refurbishment kits!

http://www.hmambassador.com/
    Did you read the specifications for the engine......74HP (yes, HP not KW) from a OHC 1800cc MPFI engine. Cripes, what's the octane of the petrol over there, 50, or do the run them on low-octane cow dung????

Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

There is an optional tow behind potato harvester offered.............

Tadpole

Hy there. My name is Alex and I am from Romania. I saw that you were talking about the new Dacia Logan and I could't resist to say something.
    First, I want to tell you that the Dacia model based on the R12 is not being produced anymore since 2002, because in 2001 Renault practicaly bought the firm and seized the production. At that time, there was also in production the model Nova, with a Romanian built 1.6 75hp engine, that later becamed the SuperNova(a name too big for a car that small), with an 1.4 75hp engine.In 2003, there was a facelift for the SuperNova called Solenza, with a much moderner shape, interior, the same engine+a 65hp diesel engine, A/C, power steering, Airbag and some other features.
    In Romania, there are great hopes about the new Logan, they are all tired about the lack if fiability of all the Dacia models and they expect the newly entered to reach their expectations. I heard that a 1,5 diesel engine will also be available in 2005, of 65hp, and later on a 85hp diesel engine in 2006. The 1.6 90hp engine will be replaced with a 110hp in 2006 also. The problem in Romania is that there are big differences between the top social class and the next level. For example, you can see a lot of Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, Mercedes, Audi, also Ferrari, as much as you can see a lot of old cars, both Dacia and second hand imports. So it was a great need for a cheap model for not so wealthy famillies, so they can afford buying a new car without spending too much. I myself do not like so much the new model, but my hopes are sky high. Sorry about the grammar. By!

Thread Information