Pathe Renault Assembly Early '60s !!!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By geckoeng
  • 1 Post By 59 Floride
  • 1 Post By Stew H

Thread: Pathe Renault Assembly Early '60s !!!

Default Pathe Renault Assembly Early '60s !!!

Unfortunately no sound, but very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxpVoWS9cWM

Ray

Advertisement
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

1000+ Posts

Ray
    Thanks for posting that link, lots of stuff to see and nice views of the cars and the swinging cars on the line. Liked the fellow with the big hammer bashing things into place. Wonder what the crash was about on the test drive? Early attempt at safety testing?

Very interesting and I guess others with those cars will enjoy watching them come off the assembly line. Thanks for posting it. I reckon as our sharp eyed owners watch it several times there is a lot of information there to re-watch and get more out of it.

The one that followed was also worth watching if only to be scared out of ones wits the way the 1936 Assembly lines worked, No safety guards and great danger if you didn't watch with all that unstoppable machinery whizzing around you, still workers then were probably not so valued and no Occ Health and Safety in the work conditions. by comparison the Renault Assembly line was a bit of a picnic!

Thanks again, worth watching.

Ken

Wonderful material thanks Ray. Somewhere there's a wooden crate being shipped labelled "Australia BERK Sydney" and words about 50 CKD Dauphines.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

That was all on the Ile Seguin......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/őle_Seguin
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Tadpole

Very interesting,
    Late 1956 / early 1957, when the 1st shipment of CKD Dauphines left France for Aus would give best date. Some footage from Flins plant also. Dauphine not made at Billaincourt to my knowledge.
    Stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew H View Post
    Very interesting, Late 1956 / early 1957, when the 1st shipment of CKD Dauphines left France for Aus would give best date. Some footage from Flins plant also. Dauphine not made at Billaincourt to my knowledge. Stew.
    Yes, I thought it was Flins too. There's some great material lurking out there....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Tadpole

Default ex Renault factory site

Google "La Seine Musicale" to see how the ex factory site has been reborn.

Cheers
    Stew.

Nice Stew. Thanks.

It's quite a superb looking complex, and not finished yet I think. We've driven past it recently. As far as I know, Renault gave the site away on condition of relinquishing liability for the extreme contamination of the ground there - just imagine, it had been a full manufacturing plant from the 1920s! It might even have been built up with foundry slag and such charming materials. A good deal for Renault I'd suggest.....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

And I can confirm that contaminated soil costs a motza to dispose of per M3..

I can't come close to a reliable estimate, but I'll bet that island has 25,000 m3 and more....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Back in the good ol' days we were able to dispose of our waste in the marshes, now the gosh-darmed Nannys have ruined all that.

JW check this out. This is Brisbanes Newstead back in the 1930s, check out the storey bridge. All those piles of furnace ash and many other industrial wastes were buried here to form a hardstand over the alluvial soils that Newstead is founded on. This is now a thriving residential area filled with apartments. Before any new construction work can begin it is necessary to remove the contaminated soil to a depth of up to 1.5 metres and taken to a lined facility to be buried permanently. There's all sorts of interesting stuff in these soils like, mercury, arsenic, chromium etc. Not nice. The clean up of an historic industrial area is very expensive but typically these same industrial sites were once on the outskirts of town.

023yn.jpg
    Last edited by 59 Floride; Yesterday at 07:22 AM.

Kind Sir,

your link to the picture, doesn't appear to be working.

Cheers,

Dano

1000+ Posts

In 2012 JW and Stew did we just sail past several times or did we actually land on it for a short time? My memory isn't too good. But I have photo's showing what remains of the factory and some new construction as well as park land.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    In 2012 JW and Stew did we just sail past several times or did we actually land on it for a short time? My memory isn't too good. But I have photo's showing what remains of the factory and some new construction as well as park land.
    We sailed around it 2-3 times, it was desolate and sad. The new commercial area was in Billancourt, not on the island. This is already "iconic" and worthy of Paris and such a historic site. New Tram system in that area too!
    Stew.
    JohnW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    JW check this out. This is Brisbanes Newstead back in the 1930s, check out the storey bridge. All those piles of furnace ash and many other industrial wastes were buried here to form a hardstand over the alluvial soils that Newstead is founded on. This is now a thriving residential area filled with apartments. Before any new construction work can begin it is necessary to remove the contaminated soil to a depth of up to 1.5 metres and taken to a lined facility to be buried permanently. There's all sorts of interesting stuff in these soils like, mercury, arsenic, chromium etc. Not nice. The clean up of an historic industrial area is very expensive but typically these same industrial sites were once on the outskirts of town.

023yn.jpg
    Yes, exactly. Gasworks are good too, with lots of nasty aromatic hydrocarbons. They were out in the paddocks when built in the 19th century. I stopped doing contaminated site hydrogeology years ago as the procedures became ever more detailed - much of the work could be done by a trained baboon but I won't continue on that line.....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Thread Information