Renault TRIBER
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Renault TRIBER

Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault TRIBER

The new 'modular' medium sized TRIBER, made in India, looks good and brings back memories of the iconic Scenic.
    For those 'sensible' folk who don't want or need a monstrous SUV. Have a look.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Hi Here are some links ! Not too much from Renault site. I believe we are now into the second half of 2019
    https://www.renault.co.in/triber.html
    https://www.cardekho.com/renault/triber
    https://www.cardekho.com/renault/triber/pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    The new 'modular' medium sized TRIBER, made in India, looks good and brings back memories of the iconic Scenic. For those 'sensible' folk who don't want or need a monstrous SUV. Have a look.
    That's interesting and thanks for posting the information. I wish they'd just bring in the Series 4 Scenic mind you! We love our Series II Scenics but a Koleos is far too big as a replacement. I'm with your "sensible"!!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    That's interesting and thanks for posting the information. I wish they'd just bring in the Series 4 Scenic mind you! We love our Series II Scenics but a Koleos is far too big as a replacement. I'm with your "sensible"!!
    I'm not sure why you think a Koleos is so much bigger than a Scenic 2! It is in fact 2 mm narrower, 112 mm longer and if bought as a 4x4 only about 100kg heavier, the 4x2 being about the same weight. So, like so many other people, your purchasing decisions are simply based on bias and inaccuracies.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

The Triber might work here.
    Being out of India and already RHD should make it a lot easier than trying to convert LHD for Australia's miniscule population.
    What breed of Nissan is this based on, Qashqai, Joke?
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I'm not sure why you think a Koleos is so much bigger than a Scenic 2! It is in fact 2 mm narrower, 112 mm longer and if bought as a 4x4 only about 100kg heavier, the 4x2 being about the same weight. So, like so many other people, your purchasing decisions are simply based on bias and inaccuracies.....
    Which Scenic are you comparing this to, the grand scenic?

I've had a Scenic and a Koleos and the Koleos definitely feels bigger, both from the drivers seat and when viewed from outside. Maybe it's because the Koleos is much higher (Okay, I don't have the dimensions and it might just feel like it's higher). I know I didn't need a stepladder to wash the Scenic but do on the Koleos.
    The boot on the Scenic is much more usable and appears larger with the individual removable seats and the lower floor.
    But we can't buy a new Scenic here so it doesn't matter how it compares with the Koleos.
    JohnW likes this.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

That's interesting, as it certainly looks bigger. I'll have to slip over and look more closely - a Koleos certainly doesn't have the design appeal.

We rarely purchase, I'd add. Scenic purchases were based on cost (very cheap secondhand) and overall design, not least ease of entry and exit, but also removable rear seats and excellent visibility. They are surprisingly wide I'll grant and, being a Megane, pretty reliable.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Fellow Frogger!

My purchasing decisions, like "those of so many other people" are usually based on the standard list of features and factors, plus "The Vibe", or as you describe it, bias and inaccuracies.
    I did not compare the size of the Triber to that of the Scenic Phase 1&2, nor the new Koleos, but generally to "monstrous SUV's" of all makes.
    Last edited by Breitie; 2nd July 2019 at 04:58 PM.
    JohnW likes this.

My purchasing decisions, like "those of so many other people" are usually based on the standard list of features and factors, plus "The Vibe", or as you describe it, bias and inaccuracies.
    I did not compare the size of the Triber to that of the Scenic Phase 1&2, nor the new Koleos, but generally to "monstrous SUV's" of all makes.
    All perfectly valid considerations a reasonable person would look at if purchasing a new vehicle.

And ,just perhaps, Kim should allow a prospective owner to make his own decision when assessing the "right" vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    Which Scenic are you comparing this to, the grand scenic?

I've had a Scenic and a Koleos and the Koleos definitely feels bigger, both from the drivers seat and when viewed from outside. Maybe it's because the Koleos is much higher (Okay, I don't have the dimensions and it might just feel like it's higher). I know I didn't need a stepladder to wash the Scenic but do on the Koleos.
    The boot on the Scenic is much more usable and appears larger with the individual removable seats and the lower floor.
    But we can't buy a new Scenic here so it doesn't matter how it compares with the Koleos.
    I'm not sure why you think a Koleos is so much bigger than a Scenic 2! It is in fact 2 mm narrower, 112 mm longer and if bought as a 4x4 only about 100kg heavier, the 4x2 being about the same weight.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I forgot your anti-SUV bias there, for a moment.....and I don't think I accused you of comparing the size of your "Triber" to anything else at all........

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    All perfectly valid considerations a reasonable person would look at if purchasing a new vehicle.

And ,just perhaps, Kim should allow a prospective owner to make his own decision when assessing the "right" vehicle.
    People think that they buy what they need, but in reality they buy what they think they want.....

People think that they buy what they need, but in reality they buy what they think they want.....
    Some people may do so. However the last 4 cars our family have purchased have proven ideal for our needs.

It's not rocket science to pick a suitable car, in Australia we are spoilt for choice.

And in real terms I'm convinced the choice of marque is governed largely by the size of wallet and perceived poser factor.

Some people may do so. However the last 4 cars our family have purchased have proven ideal for our needs.

It's not rocket science to pick a suitable car, in Australia we are spoilt for choice.

And in real terms I'm convinced the choice of marque is governed largely by the size of wallet and perceived poser factor.
    No Lamborghini's at my house.......
    JohnW likes this.

No Lamborghini's at my house.......
    Nor mine

Not even an Audi (until my Daughter or her Husband visits)
    JohnW likes this.

I enjoyed all that! It'll be interesting to see whether the Triber gets here.

We've just been riding in a Series IV Scenic in France, and I want one. Bugger. The engine management options are remarkable and you can still remove the rear seats and turn it into a very usable van. And it is just great from the driver's seat. Must check whether they get to NZ.....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    I enjoyed all that! It'll be interesting to see whether the Triber gets here.

We've just been riding in a Series IV Scenic in France, and I want one. Bugger. The engine management options are remarkable and you can still remove the rear seats and turn it into a very usable van. And it is just great from the driver's seat. Must check whether they get to NZ.....
    Alas, Australia is firmly in the grip of the kiddy-crusher as the 'family car' so little chance of the Scenic gracing our shores again regardless of how much more sensible they are. Shame really.

Cheers
    RTT
    JohnW likes this.

Are we spoilt for choice in Australia? I'm not. I can't replace my 307. None of the Frenchies will sell me a compact diesel manual wagon so I can't buy a new car.
    My biggest complaint is the boots are to small, I use to carry two lawn mowers in the boot of my R12 sedan, I can in the 307 but not in a huge useless SUV. Even the new Megane wagon isn't as big and it's not diesel or manual so no we're not spoilt for choice, Europe is.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Are we spoilt for choice in Australia? I'm not. I can't replace my 307. None of the Frenchies will sell me a compact diesel manual wagon so I can't buy a new car.
    My biggest complaint is the boots are to small, I use to carry two lawn mowers in the boot of my R12 sedan, I can in the 307 but not in a huge useless SUV. Even the new Megane wagon isn't as big and it's not diesel or manual so no we're not spoilt for choice, Europe is.
    Think laterally and look at all marques.

The R12 is ancient history.

I'm talking about the Frenchies. In my business a VW out the front with PUGREK number plates really isn't a good look. Why can't they give us a choice?

Yes the 12 is ancient but what I'm getting at is 50 years later they can't make a car as versatile.
    jaahn and JohnW like this.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

I'm talking about the Frenchies.
    Then you are not talking about choice rather self imposed limitations.

Then you are not talking about choice rather self imposed limitations.
    I don't think so. I've just been on the VW and Skoda websites and it seem I can't buy a compact diesel manual wagon there either.
    I can in Europe.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

I'm talking about the Frenchies. In my business a VW out the front with PUGREK number plates really isn't a good look. Why can't they give us a choice?

Yes the 12 is ancient but what I'm getting at is 50 years later they can't make a car as versatile.
    As far as versatility goes, the R16 series leaves all other Renault products in the shade until the arrival of the Scenic 1. Seats folded, seats out, they'd take anything. I've even had a 9 cu ft fridge in the back.........

I don't think so. I've just been on the VW and Skoda websites and it seem I can't buy a compact diesel manual wagon there either.
    I can in Europe.
    The sticking point will be a Manual transmission, and that will apply to all marques. French vehicles included.

Personally I can't see why an auto would be so much of a compromise.

If you impose enough conditions you can exclude everything on the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information