r8 headlinet
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rosbosca

Thread: r8 headlinet

  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25

    Default r8 headlinet

    does anyone know where i can get the correct headliner for an r8. tried meca parts but they havent responded

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! nauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Why don't you just get a motor trimmer to custom make one...as I did for my Alpine...?
    Or...https://www.comptoir-carrosserie.fr/index.php...but I think they only sell the material.
    1969 Alpine A110

  4. #4
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nauli View Post
    Why don't you just get a motor trimmer to custom make one...as I did for my Alpine...?
    Or...https://www.comptoir-carrosserie.fr/index.php...but I think they only sell the material.
    I used a motor trimmer on the 4CV years ago with really good results. I guess he might want the genuine material so that link is a good one to know.

    Cheers
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  5. #5
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25

    Default

    i was looking for the correct material. i have a trimmer that can do it if i can get the material

  6. #6
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stcos85 View Post
    i was looking for the correct material. i have a trimmer that can do it if i can get the material
    It's quite special material too - my R8 was retrimmed years ago, sort of, with a much better secondhand R10 lining that at least wasn't ripped.

    Please let us know if you find the right stuff and good luck with it. I don't know what material Bretagne Auto Retro have in their kits unfortunately. You could try emailing him - John Corbin if I recall.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    newcastle
    Posts
    45

    Default r8 headlining

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    It's quite special material too - my R8 was retrimmed years ago, sort of, with a much better secondhand R10 lining that at least wasn't ripped.

    Please let us know if you find the right stuff and good luck with it. I don't know what material Bretagne Auto Retro have in their kits unfortunately. You could try emailing him - John Corbin if I recall.

    Good morning,
    The correct material with the correct dimpling cannot be sourced in Australia. I bought a complete lining from Comptoir De La Carrosserie in November 2018 for 250 Euro including freight. This was as cheap, as my trimmer could do no better even if I was able to source the material. If you quote my invoice # of 36152 they can idetify your enquirey.
    Good luck
    Ross
    JohnW likes this.

  8. #8
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Yes this place https://www.comptoir-carrosserie.fr/index.php. do the headling for Ä249 plus shipping. I think i need to instal the correct one. Thanks for the contacts

  9. #9
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stcos85 View Post
    Yes this place https://www.comptoir-carrosserie.fr/index.php. do the headling for €249 plus shipping. I think i need to instal the correct one. Thanks for the contacts
    It'll look very nice! A few of us will be very interested to hear about the quality of the material and how they have cut it for you.

    Good luck.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    newcastle
    Posts
    45

    Default Hoodlining r8

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    It'll look very nice! A few of us will be very interested to hear about the quality of the material and how they have cut it for you.

    Good luck.
    The lining was complete in shape & all the pockets were as should be. Thumbs up from me
    Ross

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •