New Seat gets Val Satis bum
  • Register
  • Help

Icon11 New Seat gets Val Satis bum

Spainish VW seem to like French butt, predict next years Korean models will follow.
    "The new Seat Altea, launched in the UK at the motor show, has been welcomed as a novel blend of a sporty shape and MPV practicality. The new Toledo was expected to be a more conventional saloon cum hatchback. Well, it isn’t, as last week’s unveiling of the Toledo Prototipo at the Madrid Motor Show proved.
    The new Toledo looks odd. The same height as the Altea, it is tall and upright by the standards of normal cars and has a stepped bustle back rather like that of the Renault Vel Satis. It shows that the Volkswagen Group, which owns Seat, is determined that its Spanish subsidiary should have an individual “design language”. " ie follow Renault!

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Seat gets Val Satis bum-seataltea.jpg   New Seat gets Val Satis bum-emfvel26.jpg  
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

Renault style, Seat price, and VW build and engineering - it can only be a winner!
    They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

I remember seeing the concept version of the car in CAR Mag (UK), now that was one HOT looking car for a MPV! Should have a good range of engines as well! Will Seat be reintroduced into the Aussie market remember the Cordoba, Toledo and Ibiza anyone???

Cya Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED
    Will Seat be reintroduced into the Aussie market remember the Cordoba, Toledo and Ibiza anyone???
    Sure do.

Cordoba & Toledo had huge boots. They were generally pretty good value for money, although the Ibiza CLXs weren't competitive price wise.

Remember that 44kW monster of a 1.4 under the Ibiza CLX's hood. The GTi was pretty good though and a few of the Cupra Sports made it through. Saw one in Melbourne, the seller said it was the modern 205 GTi (well, modern for the mid to late 90s).

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Icon10

I dont mind the seats actuallly. Basically just a VW and lots cheaper. I remember going in a ibiza gti and it went like a rocket....the guy sold it however and bought a audi a4....

Yeah, at home somewhere i had the review on the CUPRA Ibiza, pretty favourable review as well but the problem is i think i threw it out when i was cleaning up

Has anyone seen the new skoda octavia/fabia?

Cya Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Thread Information