does Floride 1960 have Dauphine windscreen?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default does Floride 1960 have Dauphine windscreen?

may i ask does R1092 Floride c.1960 have the Dauphine front windscreen?
    and where is the Floride rear windscreen from?
    it looks larger than a Dauphine rear window.
    is it special to the Floride?
    could you actually get a rear windscreen for a Floride?
    I know the Caravelle was different and has R8 or R10 windscreens front and rear.
    thanks for any tips on this Floride windshield question.

Advertisement

Hi Tigre,

The Floride has it's own unique windscreen not a Dauphine, not a Caravelle either. I managed to get a brand new front windscreen from Pilkington about a decade ago.

I do have a spare rear Floride windscreen I'm wiling to part with if that's what you are after?

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

A Floride rear screen is a a110 Alpine front screen I’ve heard, never confirmed for myself though.
    I too have a spare front and rear screen and could even find a new front one if a rumour I hear is true.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Tadpole

hey thanks for the information
    i was asking because a guy wanted to grab my spare Dauphine windows for his Floride project
    you say the Floride windscreen is not Dauphine
    and the rear window is unique as well, so then my Dauphine glass is of no use to the Floride.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigre View Post
    hey thanks for the information
    i was asking because a guy wanted to grab my spare Dauphine windows for his Floride project
    you say the Floride windscreen is not Dauphine
    and the rear window is unique as well, so then my Dauphine glass is of no use to the Floride.
    Correct

Remember also that Dauphine rear is a Gogomobile Dart front windscreen. So if anyone has a rusty old Dauphine shell they are thinking of scrapping keep the rear screen because the Gogo people need them.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Tadpole

hey thanks for the tip about the front windscreen of Gogomobile is a Dauphine rear windscreen
    i'm scrapping a rusty Dauphine which is past the use by date
    the seats are still ok in it and they could fit Floride or the front ones might
    seems those fifties vinyl coverings were more long lasting than later vinyls

You can’t really use the Dauphine seats in a Floride as they don’t fold forward to access the rear seats
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

hey thanks for the tip about the front windscreen of Gogomobile is a Dauphine rear windscreen
    i'm scrapping a rusty Dauphine which is past the use by date
    the seats are still ok in it and they could fit Floride or the front ones might
    seems those fifties vinyl coverings were more long lasting than later vinyls
    It's not all Gogo's only the Dart
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger!

Default Floride Windscreen

I had a 1960 Floride and tried worldwide to get one, without success. I contacted a glass maker in Qld, Protector or a name like that, they used my old windscreen and made a new one. So they now have a mould to make them. They removed my old windscreen and installed the new one, which needed a little adjustment.
    I am insured through Shannons, and they agreed to pay for this as I had windscreen cover for my Floride.
    recently I replaced my windscreen in my R10, through Shannons again, who referred me to O'Brien, absolutely no problem finding a windscreen, from the initial phone call and claim, it was in the car within a week.
    Good Luck.
    Roger

Fellow Frogger!

Default Floride Windscreen

I had a 1960 Floride and tried worldwide to get one, without success. I contacted a glass maker in Qld, Protector or a name like that, they used my old windscreen and made a new one. So they now have a mould to make them. They removed my old windscreen and installed the new one, which needed a little adjustment.
    I am insured through Shannons, and they agreed to pay for this as I had windscreen cover for my Floride.
    recently I replaced my windscreen in my R10, through Shannons again, who referred me to O'Brien, absolutely no problem finding a windscreen, from the initial phone call and claim, it was in the car within a week.
    Good Luck.
    Roger

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RENOSPRITE View Post
    Good Luck.
    Roger
    Unfortunately Protector sold out. Apparently the people that bought it didn't keep all the old molds.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RENOSPRITE View Post
    Good Luck.
    Roger

Shannons and windscreens:

I popped an R12 windscreen about 100 kms out of Laverton on a cold winters' night on my way to Uluru via the great Central Rd.

I called Shannons and they said it was covered and if I could find one i should get it sent to Alice. It met me there and they paid for the screen, installation and express shipping.

Can't complain about that.

P
    Daily Drivers: R10, R12, R17T(?) Decouvrable

In the Shed(s):
    R8 (1.4 motor, 4 shock rear end), Dauphine, Pugeot 404

In the Past:
    Dauphine X2, R10 X lots, R12 X2, R16TS, R17TS

Fellow Frogger!

Default Screens

With my Floride, the cost to produce a screen from scratch was $1500 Shannons had no problem paying that, I will never change insurance for my 3 cars, been with them now for ages, and can't praise them enough.
    I have had 3 screens for my various R10/s as well as the Floride. Enough said..

Quote Originally Posted by Exfrogger View Post

I popped an R12 windscreen about 100 kms out of Laverton on a cold winters' night on my way to Uluru via the great Central Rd.

I called Shannons and they said it was covered and if I could find one i should get it sent to Alice. It met me there and they paid for the screen, installation and express shipping.

P

Tadpole

i see your point, since Dauphine is a four door, Dauphine seats are sub-optimal for a Floride
    as you say, Floride seats need to tilt forward to permit access to the rear seat by a passenger.

Tadpole

Sunroof - 'correct'
    great so Floride cannot use Dauphine glass and the idea has been put to bed .
    perhaps if necessary a plan B might be find the nearest-fitting common screen say an R10 screen and make an adapter type spacer
    or even replace the windscreen frame and posts with posts from an R10 as in the Caravelle its hard to tell you'd need the widths to be identical
    but that would possibly mean butchering the Floride car though since the roof-line is different as well and it would need an engineer certificate
    ideally just design a slight bespoke windscreen frame modification that will permit using any similar regular Renault windscreen

Hmmm, alexander might know.

Sunroof - 'correct'
    great so Floride cannot use Dauphine glass and the idea has been put to bed .
    perhaps if necessary a plan B might be find the nearest-fitting common screen say an R10 screen and make an adapter type spacer
    or even replace the windscreen frame and posts with posts from an R10 as in the Caravelle its hard to tell you'd need the widths to be identical
    but that would possibly mean butchering the Floride car though since the roof-line is different as well and it would need an engineer certificate
    ideally just design a slight bespoke windscreen frame modification that will permit using any similar regular Renault windscreen
    i don’t get your point.
    Why wouldnt your mate just get a Floride screen ?
    Not sure where in oz you/mate are but 59 (Brisbane) and I (Melbourne) have one
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

1000+ Posts

The R10 screen would be a real difficult job to fit needing lots of additional metal work and it would all look silly. There would be a big pillar that the road worthy people would be unlikely to approve because it would create a big blind spot. Just find the correct screen.

This is bizzare. Why stuff around, grab a gas axe and cut the Floride windscreen frame off, pull out the quarter lights and replace it with a couple of aero screens.

Even better, if you are going to the trouble of getting a windscreen made - go full panoramic. Gas axe the frame and pull the quarter lights as above, incorporate the new panoramic screen with the hardtop, hinge the hardtop at the rear and install an electric motor so it operates when you hit the plip. Effort and reward ratio 10/10.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Exfrogger View Post

P
    Wonderful service, but you drove THAT road at night???? Eek.

I've had superb service from Shannons on glass breakages when vandals did in 5 windows on the Citroen CX.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

thanks that's a good point aero screens might be the way to go

Thread Information