• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By COL
  • 1 Post By COL
  • 1 Post By COL

Thread: Renault Laguna 1995 Parting Out

COL

Default Renault Laguna 1995 Parting Out

I'm parting out my 1995 Renault Laguna V6.

Advertisement

The engine is spoken for, but there is a good AD8 auto transmission available as well as most other parts.

You have 2 days as it will be going to the scrappers on Friday 17th May.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

COL

This car has now gone to the scrap metal merchants.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

1000+ Posts

Sad end to a wonderful car that served you well, my good lady was privileged to drive it so she tells me on one of her visits, immaculately maintained as all your cars Col, and a credit to your attention to detail.

I presume it was the same car, I guess all good things have to come to an end sometime.

Ken

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Sad end to a wonderful car that served you well, my good lady was privileged to drive it so she tells me on one of her visits, immaculately maintained as all your cars Col, and a credit to your attention to detail.

I presume it was the same car, I guess all good things have to come to an end sometime.

Ken
    Yes Ken was the same car. I had 10 good years of service from the car with only a few small problems in that time.

I could not sell it as a going concern I think mainly because of its age and its rarity here. Has been parked up in the back yard, engine is sold and no further use for the rest of it.
    Kenfuego and vivid like this.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

1000+ Posts

Default Such is life ..

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    Yes Ken was the same car. I had 10 good years of service from the car with only a few small problems in that time.

I could not sell it as a going concern I think mainly because of its age and its rarity here. Has been parked up in the back yard, engine is sold and no further use for the rest of it.

Judy's comment was that she hoped you kept those beautiful seats, velvet finish as she recalls and very comfortable, very sad that it's usable life ended. Apparently in better condition than the ones in my own Laguna! so she says.

Should have visited you to check it out last March. was a quick visit with not much time for catching up.

Enjoy the other cars in your collection.

Regards

Ken

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Judy's comment was that she hoped you kept those beautiful seats, velvet finish as she recalls and very comfortable, very sad that it's usable life ended. Apparently in better condition than the ones in my own Laguna! so she says.

Should have visited you to check it out last March. was a quick visit with not much time for catching up.

Enjoy the other cars in your collection.

Regards

Ken
    The seats were very comfortable and I would agree better than the Laguna ii seats, actually the whole interior of the Laguna i is better than the Laguna ii. The Laguna i seams to be made from more robust materials.

Having said all that the drivers seat was starting to deteriorate, the foam padding looked like it was decomposing and the front of the seat was starting to become lumpy.
    Kenfuego likes this.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

In my opinion Renault do very will in all their car seats.

I have Ankylosing spondylitis, which is a type of inflammatory arthritis that affects my spine and joints.

I drove non stop from Devonport - South of Hobart last year with no pain or stiffness, (except the clutch foot)
    The comfort of Renault seats is out of this world from the R16 to the Scenic RX4. Even the rear engined renaults are not bad considering.

In contrast my daily (abuse) driver is a v6 Sonata, and of course the seats are rubbish.
    New cars I've hired are the same, Kias for example way uncomfortable and poorly shaped, hard seats.

I wish I could have kept the R25 v6, was a very comfortable boat.

How similar is the Lag I gearbox to the Lag II Col?
    I have a semi-retired LagII too, I presume you'd have kept the box if it fitted?

David.
    Last edited by vivid; 18th May 2019 at 11:44 AM.