• 1 Post By 85Fuego
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 3 Post By JohnW
  • 1 Post By schlitzaugen

Thread: Post near-bankrupcy moans by NISSAN

Fellow Frogger!

Default Post near-bankrupcy moans by NISSAN

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...an-report-says

After being rescued from almost certain bankruptcy, nissan being the larger earner now, wants the terms of shareholding re-negotiated.......

Advertisement
    JohnW likes this.

1000+ Posts

Big biz isn't sentimental.
    JohnW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Big biz isn't sentimental.
    It would appear that the Japanese are anything but "honourable".............
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

It's a bit like WA moaning when there's a mining boom after being subsidised for decades, or maybe generations, by the rest of the nation! Don't worry, I live in Perth so I'm allowed non-parochial heresy.
    COL, Kenfuego and Sunroof like this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I don't think WA is subsidised (or it shouldn't have to be), but please feel free to convince me.

Include in your argument the justification for pretty much all of the big companies working here paying their tax over east.

Either way, if WA is subsidised, it is because of very poor management of the resources the state has. That is, (per capita) probably the highest in the world. I think that is the real problem and keep in mind you elect the politicians at fault.

Back to Nissan, big biz is not sentimental nor is it grateful. What was the name of that guy who saved them, again?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

Schlitz, why did you appear on here as 'slit eyes' yesterday? AF auto-translate? Weird.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    I don't think WA is subsidised (or it shouldn't have to be), but please feel free to convince me.
    No, I said "after being subsidised....". So it was a past tense comment. For decades, WA was a poor cousin and got an appropriate share of tax from the eastern states. Then we started generating heaps of money and grumbled about it going east. Of course the GST revenue split was pretty unfair because of the formula, I agree. But I doubt the local pollies would have grumbled if it had gone the other way. That's all. I suspect a bit like Nissan, after being bailed out by Renault, there are short memories around....

Your last sentence is bang on the money I reckon. As I sort of said, "The King is dead, long live the King" - referring to the new one of course.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I see your point, sir.

My knowledge of the history of WA is non existent, so I take it at face value. I do think however that we should be able to be self-sustaining. Notwithstanding that, the way things are set up, I can understand why things might be a little bit difficult. But like I said above, it doesn't have to be that way. We are less than 2 million people sitting on the biggest treasure chest humanity has ever seen. All we have to do is cut out the middle men. That is a mistake many countries have made and it cost the dearly.

Back to Nissan, I think the japanese people need to believe they have done things themselves so they need to cut loose. Whether or not this is a good idea, history will tell. Seasink is right and I think this is the accepted norm in big biz. You're my friend until you're not. Personally I think it is a bad idea, but hey you don't know unless you try. Europe can shut you out of their market easily, maybe they count on the north american and SE Asia market?
    JohnW likes this.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thread Information