16TS engine & gearbox for sale PLUS 16TL engine & gearbox for sale $200 each!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Steve Turner
  • 1 Post By 1972Ren
  • 2 Post By Artificer
  • 1 Post By Artificer
  • 2 Post By Steve Turner

Thread: 16TS engine & gearbox for sale PLUS 16TL engine & gearbox for sale $200 each!

Default 16TS engine & gearbox for sale PLUS 16TL engine & gearbox for sale $200 each!

PLEASE NOTE: THE ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE HAVE NOW BEEN CHERRY-PICKED, BUT THERE IS LOTS OF GOOD STUFF LEFT OVER. KEEP READING AND CHECK ARTIFICER'S PHOTOS TO SEE WHAT'S LEFT.

Advertisement

While away in Inverell for the recent muster, I was approached by a gentleman named Tom Neal, who told me that he had these two motor/gearbox combinations for sale. He had originally bought them with the idea of building some trikes, but when he realized the cost of getting them engineered in NSW, he canned the idea.
    He's told me that both combinations are still sitting on the pallets on which they arrived at his home, and both are now surplus to requirements. He's asking $200.00 for each engine/gearbox combination, which is significantly less than he paid for them. He said that one is definitely a 16TS, but isn't sure whether the other is a 16TL or 15TL. He has also said that there is an army crate of parts to go with them. Tom has given me permission to give out his details, as I know nothing more about what's included other than what I've outlaid here. If you want to discuss it further, please call him on 67233178. He is located in Tingha. Pickup by yourself or your freight carrier is your responsibility to arrange and pay for.
    If anyone decides to buy these from Tom, please let me know so that I can let everyone else know that they're taken. By the way, Tom doesn't have the internet
    Last edited by Steve Turner; 5th May 2019 at 08:34 AM.
    vivid and JohnW like this.
    Currently:
    06 Peugeot 307 HDI Wagon
    61 Renault 4CV Gordini (Kermit)

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    I spoke to Tom. He says both items have been sold.
    JohnW likes this.

[QUOTE=1972Ren;1611340]Hi,
    I spoke to Tom. He says both items have been sold.[/QUOT
    Thanks 1972Ren. I've changed the advert accordingly.
    Currently:
    06 Peugeot 307 HDI Wagon

I purchased this lot for $400 unseen, primarily to get a transmission to rebuild & will be picking all up on Wednesday this week in remote Tingha NSW with a rented ute.
    All will be back on the Gold Coast by Friday.
    Anyone who wants anything please PM me or inquire on this thread.
    Plus I will list what is left on this thread, when I get all sorted.
    Remember when one offers to purchase the ute rental will be over $300 so with fuel will be about $450 total to get these parts nearer many members & civilization.
    Anyone living anywhere between Tingha NSW & the Gold Coast Qld. who wants anything dropped off needs to make a reasonable offer & get their finger out!
    JohnW and Steve Turner like this.

OK been to Tingha NSW & back @ great expense. Returned to the Gold Coast with essentially the bits I needed.
    Tom still owns the rest, plus as he indicated many more parts than in the photos he has but doesn't know or can't remember where they are.

Tom had a hernia & I've had neck surgery & there was absolutely no way to lift the engines.
    He couldn't source a backhoe or similar so I just said this is what I need that was manageable the transmissions & a couple of half shafts we did an amicable deal & that was that. Pity I didn't know beforehand as my standard vehicle would have handled everything easily.

As indicated I would post photos of Tom's [phone [02-6723 3178] goodies that are available to fair offers from anyone needing them.
    I did not try to turn either engine but would say they would & the 807-03 looked like a recent rebuild before being taken out of service.

JohnW likes this.

Tadpole

Message #5 dated 2nd.May 2019.

Dear Sir,

It is still confusing what is available/ what is not available from the Tingha source.
    I would also prefer to deal with a NAME rather than a pseudonym.
    Please contact me on 07 5485 2912 or [email protected]

From Bill Fitch.

Thanks for posting the photos Artificer! Let's hope someone pounces as there'll no doubt be some good stuff and 16 bits are becoming rarer with time.

Cheers, and good luck with that transaxle stuff - there are those out there who can answer your questions precisely, once they've seen the said questions!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I have answered bungalbill's post privately, and he now understands what's going on.
    JohnW and Artificer like this.
    Currently:
    06 Peugeot 307 HDI Wagon

Thanks Steve.
    I am not sure what could be added to the photos & information previously provided.
    Frankly I would have only been able to suggest Bill contact the owner of these parts Tom in Tingha on 02-6723 3178.

I have 3, 1/2 shafts
    from Tingha, 1 is complete & the other 2 missing the drive flanges that are fitted to the differential splines.
    Anyone wanting these can have them for cost of shipping.

Anyone have anything to add to another post I have looking for answers, please:
    Renault transmission numbers.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi
    fyi, I made a 1200km round trip saturday before last, to pick up the engines. 13 hours including the 30 mins I was there! Jolly pleasant drive up that way from Sydney, via Thunderbolts Way. Must say I was a tad weary by the time I got home.

1972Ren. That's good to know, even if nearly two weeks later. Yes, that is one epic drive, well worth it for the scenery alone, but the quality of the roads also makes for an enjoyable driving experience.

I hope Tom got more out of the breaking-up of the package than he would have when he was offering it as a job lot.
    Currently:
    06 Peugeot 307 HDI Wagon

Thread Information