• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kenfuego

Thread: Laguna V6 auto type.

1000+ Posts

Default Laguna V6 auto type.

Hi
    A friend is interested in buying a Renault Laguna V6 auto waggon 2003. The specs say it has a 5 speed auto. What brand of auto and model number is this ??? The road tests gave it a coupe of thumbs down for gear selection problems. What is that caused by.
    Any other general comments ?
    Jaahn

Advertisement

I had one. Beautiful car but ended up with an $8k bill for auto rebuild then less than 2 yrs later it started to show signs of playing up again. I think they are an AL4, but not certain.
    KB

COL

The Laguna ii V6 has a Aisin Warner AW55 auto gearbox. They are made by Toyota.

Mine holds the gears a bit long sometimes but that can be over ridden by switching over the manual mode.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

COL

Also on this car I would check for oil leaks around the can boxes and also cam covers, another well known oil leaking area is the sump.

Check to make sure that all the electrical items in the car are functioning as they should

Also check that the cam belt change is upto date. A cam belt kit costs about $430.

If buy the person buys this car, if I was them I would do an oil change on the gearbox, here is a link to good description of how to do it.
    https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/308-...arbox-oil.html
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    The Laguna ii V6 has a Aisin Warner AW55 auto gearbox. They are made by Toyota.

Mine holds the gears a bit long sometimes but that can be over ridden by switching over the manual mode.

My Laguna has clocked up 318,520 kilometres and recently 26/02/2019 I had the transmission serviced at RaceShift Epping by French Transtech who recently posted in Froggy Chat about his new operation - has years of experience in servicing French transmissions and also a track record of innovative fixes he developed to help owners avoid bill shock.

I am more than happy with Tony's competence and work. If anyone is thinking of acquiring this quite wonderful and comfortable Laguna I'd suggest drop a private message to Tony (French Transtech) or ring Tony on (03) 9408 3978, I am sure he will be able to set the record straight for you. Understand that while he is talking to you that takes him away from his work on other vehicles, so keep it short!! have all your details at hand, that will make it so much easier for him. He is a very obliging person.

My V6 Laguna Authentique (BG01) (Laguna AUS3 Engine L7XE 731 (plate on offside of engine) was first registered in 2002, has the AW55-50 Aisin Warner transmission.

It is a pleasant comfortable vehicle, quiet in operation and economical, I usually use 98 RON fuel, but it runs well on ULP if you have to! though they recommend 95 RON. Parts that I have purchased over the years are very well priced and our RCCV member discount at Renault parts outlets is quite handy too..

I have purchased some after market parts like the new engine radiator, it was the same as the original BOHR manufacturer. So not really that expensive to maintain and it also helps to have Dave Cavanagh at French Connection as a source for other parts.

Use good quality coils the white topped ones are very good, but lately there are some very good aftermarket coils that seem to work as well. I usually keep the white topped coils in the rear bank that is less accessible and after market in the easy to access front bank, if the cam covers leak oil get them well sealed with modern quality sealant and mop up any seepage build up in the plug bays. I also sheathed the coil wires with additional protection against shorting as they age and the insulation cracks.

Hopefully any owner will get as good a run as I have had and if in Victoria certainly check out Tony at Epping for any transmission tweaks

Ken.

26/02/2019 Laguna 318527
    (Trans service) Raceshift at Epping)
    COL likes this.

1000+ Posts

Hi Guys
    Thanks for that info. Will check all those things ??
    Jaahn
    PS JATCO Ltd abbreviated from "Japanese Automatic Transmission Co are owned by Nissan. I guess now Renault has a stake too !
    The other Jap one, Aisin Warner, now Aisin AW, is owned by Toyota.

Thread Information