bodykit for a 19
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default bodykit for a 19

Hey all,
    Ive been visiting the site for a while and thought i should finally register.
    Im a pretty proud owner of a 1991 19 txe, i say proud because i`ve had a few problems keeping it running other 19 owners probly know what i mean. Being 17 and it being my first car i couldnt hav really asked for more because people are always interested in it as they`ve never seen one before. What i want to know is does anyone have any info on where or how i could get a bodykit to suite, any advice would be good.
    Thanx

Advertisement

Try Auto Paris in Melbourne, Paul there would probably know whats available for a 19. Should be heaps of stuff available given that 19 16v were pretty popular to mod in UK. ph 03 9890 8822

Jensen

I had a R19 for some time they are a very car indeed, paul will be able to help you im sure hes really nice....

Just a thought here, given that the market value of a 19 TXE would be in the order of $3-6K depending on condition, a new body kit would likely be an overcapitalisation into a car which by that stage would have trouble getting out of its own way from the added weight.

Try having a look around the wreckers as there was a fairly basic Sport kit that was fitted to 19TXE's when they were new and also available as an accessory. It comprised of a deeper front air dam, deeper rear bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler. The front air dam and rear bumper section bolt onto the existing bumpers at the base. It makes it look a bit different, and with say some 14" or 15" wheels gives a cheap way of personalising your car without having to invest in expensive rubber for the tyres.

A 19 would be a fine car to learn driving skills in, but I'd suggest rather than spend money on non performing assets, the money would be better saved for the future.

Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar

welcome, reno19, i also have a reno 19 txe 1992, that i got as my first car, mine is white and is a hatch, I have found that most side skirts can be customiised to fit, bumpers are harder though, regards, Dave
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

I think that having a R19 is not to bad, I think that maybe because the car has a cheap value on it these days makes it perfect for tuning. I know that simon would have to agree that tuning a R19 would not be as bad as tuning a older renault like say a R8G hey :-) those 5 speed boxes are getting rare........

I have been in a R19 16v in singapore at 160kph and I was pretty amazed, mind you this was a few years ago but with a bit of imagination and some common sense you could do wonders to the stock R19.

---- These overseas places can be expensive but have some interesting stuff......

Check out these places for some interesting ideas.... k-tec racing seems to be the best for a wide range of parts
    http://www.k-tecracing.com/products.asp has some R19 stuff, well they even have clear rear tail lights for the 19's and --> R19 - 4 pot brake kits, coilover suspension kits for the serious dudes.....

This french place has Kits for renaults 19's styling stuff
    http://www.pa-tuning.com/
    And this german place too
    http://www.elia-ag.de

But in the end you can find places in Melbourne that are also willing to graft on Asian kit's to other cars, it's just finding the style of kit you want and how the car will look in the end.

I'd do the bodykit stuff locally "australia" by looking for bodykit places
    and then look at overseas places like k-tecracing for the clear tail lights, indicators etc, the special stuff that will add to the car, but is not big or heavy say for shipping.

And in the end enjoy what you do, you can do bit by bit and have a clear image of what you want in the end. It took me 8 or more years to tune my R15 to the level it is today, and during that time some people were for it, and some people were against it, but I now have a car I like and enjoy, when it's on the road :-).........

But with a R19 at least it's modern, has air conditioning and you can always try to stuff a 2 litre RS clio engine in the front...... well maybe, I'm not certain on that one? Someone will pull be up on that one.

Covert
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/S...eg/8/my15.html

I dunno about the body kit..but if anyone can find you one here it will be Paul at AutoParis.

On the other hand at some distance on the right as you face Cape York, there is a nation which prizes sheep highly and is also home to some 16valve 19's ...... bringing a whole car in is not a reasonable proposition - the15 year rule would be the killer, but you could be lucky and find enough mechanical bits ( maybe a half cut ) to actually make modifying your 19 worthwhile. The www.trademe.co.nz site would be a good starting point if you are interested in actually making your 19 gho like a piece of shit off your shoulder.

FWIW 19's are universally slagged off here, but the only real issue is the auto box. The stuff about being slow and bland could equally apply to a lot of other frogs that we don't make an art out of bagging on the forum.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by BogMaster; 30th May 2004 at 09:26 PM.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar

The idea about putting in a clio rs motor is a real possibility for me in the next year or so, I thought of this a while back, I am just waiting to get off my p-plates so i will be able to insure it once it happens. Also I was unaware that 16v renaults were in nz, how much do you think it would cost to bring in a motor and disc brake rear end. This would be a cheaper option than my clio rs idea I'd say, regards all, Dave
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

The cost of freight from NZ is not going to break the bank if you shop around.
    Finding the bits and costing them would be more problematic. But they do exist and some Kiwi is sure to have come adrift in one at some point.

You could find what you want at an attractive price.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Default Renault 19 cabriolet 16v 1994 in NZ

Hey l saw this rare R19....... maybe interest some renault nut
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-11939392.htm

Asking price: $9950nzd

Closes: Thu, 10 Jun print this classified
    Body: midnight blue 2-door Convertible
    Odometer: 110,000 Km
    History: 4 owners, Imported
    Engine: 4-cylinder 1800cc Manual
    Number plate: XQ3007
    W.O.F: Expires Aug 2004