CLIO RENAULT SPORT question??
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default CLIO RENAULT SPORT question??

This is a question i alwayz wanted to ask.... does the RCS have a special device that wont let u chirp hard seconds.... My cars done under 30K on the clock, the clutch seems to grip pretty hard but chirpping hard seconds is difficult, or non at all....
    My mate took me for a spin in his DC5R on the weekend, that thing pulls seconds so hard.... his even got semi-slicks on the front.... stock clutch and bout 70K on the clock....
    Sometimes i feel the clutch isnt engaged yet when i let go and shift it hard, maybe Renault wanted to make the car feel smooth when dropping the cluth qhick, i dont know??
    Does anyone want to shed some light in this question, or is this the same with any RCS......

Advertisement

My car is a MK2 with no traction control!!!!
    Jaime....

"Honda makes power for the hell of it, Renault makes power you can use".

Mine chirped into second for the first time yesterday. Not loudly either

Jaime this is obviously a fault with the car and it doesn't live up to your basic requirements in a car so I would take it back to the dealer and complain. Don't be put off by the mass hysterics from the guys in the service area, this is a serious issue.

Even my GS chirps second and it has less than a third of the power of your car.

1000+ Posts

I think i mite have just gotten a small 2nd once or twice...

Its not normally something i aim for & i dont think its that achievalbe in the ol RS, just not a characteristic of the car???
    Last edited by nate; 27th May 2004 at 12:48 PM.

my mi16 chirps thirds,

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Jaime this is obviously a fault with the car and it doesn't live up to your basic requirements in a car so I would take it back to the dealer and complain. Don't be put off by the mass hysterics from the guys in the service area, this is a serious issue.

Even my GS chirps second and it has less than a third of the power of your car.

Seriously though, it may depend on your clutch release in first. If you go for a high revving slipping clutch sort of take off in first you may heat the clutch enough to make it a little slippy. I had a datsun (sorry) and if i was overly aggresive with this approach the clutch would actually slip at peak torque in 2nd. Cool it down and it would be right as rain. Secondly if chirping in 2nd is really important leave your foot on the throttle when changing up. Engine revs to limiter and bounces off it so engine speed is between ~6600 & 7200, the stored energy in the engine/flywheel at 6600 rpm should be just the ticket.

Don't be sorry for owning a Datsun, you own one at the moment, don't you?

Oh sorry, that's the next model, isn't it? A Micra in disguise, ey?

Quote Originally Posted by RCS 20L
    Sometimes i feel the clutch isnt engaged yet when i let go and shift it hard, maybe Renault wanted to make the car feel smooth when dropping the cluth qhick, i dont know??
    Does anyone want to shed some light in this question, or is this the same with any RCS......

Sounds like a dud to me. Tell you what, if you want something to abuse and only chirp second gears, I'll swap you my car. Just have a look at your signature, perhaps that is why the power is not wasted and goes straight to the road. OTOH think of what all that torque is doing to things like the engine mounts!

My car is a Renault 12 with no traction control!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Don't be sorry for owning a Datsun, you own one at the moment, don't you?

Oh sorry, that's the next model, isn't it? A Micra in disguise, ey?
    No the 1200 coupe is long gone. The micra in disguise joke is lost on me

why do you need to chirp?

no chirp means the Clio puts the power down very well.

if you want chirp in 2nd you can go find a slight uphill road and make a launch there.

Quote Originally Posted by winnie
    No the 1200 coupe is long gone. The micra in disguise joke is lost on me
    New Clio will be based on the Nissan Micra platform, so if you get the next one you'll be in a Datto again

ah i see.

Yeah i am not really too sure why you want it too chirp...

i think the clio's power delivery is the best Front Wheel Drive going round.

Why have a chirping honda that screeches its way up the street when the clio puts it's power down fuss free.

Tadpole

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by RCS 20L
    This is a question i alwayz wanted to ask.... does the RCS have a special device that wont let u chirp hard seconds.... My cars done under 30K on the clock, the clutch seems to grip pretty hard but chirpping hard seconds is difficult, or non at all....
    My mate took me for a spin in his DC5R on the weekend, that thing pulls seconds so hard.... his even got semi-slicks on the front.... stock clutch and bout 70K on the clock....

Find some space saver tyres & strap them on.
    It'll chirp in any gear you want (before they go pop).

Jeez, this car sounds seriously sick (not very fully sic bro...). You sound like you need a few Nismo / Trust / HKS / VTIR stickers ASAP !
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

I have done some stupid shiftings in this car, and I have not been able to make it chirp. And that is a GOOD thing, the more stupid tyre noise you make like that, the more time you lose in any track or red light drag. So I don't know why you'd want that? Maybe we can ask that comany that made the Turbo Blow Off valve noise kit, to make a chirping noise kit? then we can have a discount if you em both?
    Karl
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by N5GTi6
    Jeez, this car sounds seriously sick (not very fully sic bro...). You sound like you need a few Nismo / Trust / HKS / VTIR stickers ASAP !
    Any car with GTi on the end of the badge, i consider rice already!! I guess your a little show pony yourself.... U know so many brands... so which one u got on ur car!!!>??
    Jaime....

Thanks guys for the info....
    The engine mount thing could be a possibility, and ofcourse the tyres... maybe Michillin's r too sticky.. hehehe. I think the RCS just needs a more grippier clutch.... something organic like Exedy clutch- 4 Puk ofcourse???
    REmember "the bullshit stops when the clutch drops".........
    Jaime....

The quote is actually "the bullshit stops when the FLAG drops" - an old motor racing reference, not actually intended to be relevant to you young boy racers out on the streets.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10
    The quote is actually "the bullshit stops when the FLAG drops" - an old motor racing reference, not actually intended to be relevant to you young boy racers out on the streets.

lol. Tough crowd, this...

I think anyone that buys an RS Clio is a bit of a boy racer, or at least a boy racer at heart. else we wouldn't buy such a thing.
    Karl
    -----------------

Tadpole

I spoke to a friend of my brothers in brisbane last week, and he just sold his clio sport because he could not stand the different mapping that it had. He said that one map had what felt about 100kw, but if you flogged the car for around 15 minutes as hard as that 100kw would go, it pulled the other map out of its computer brain and gave him the extra 20 or whatever kw that he paid for. he spoke to the service guys and they all told him it was an aust. flaw and could not be fixed.

Would this have something to do with your problem?????????????????

different mapping, first i have hear about it.

my car goes hard all the time, when i need it. regardless of if i have been idling in traffic for 20mins then give it a boot.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by beaver
    I spoke to a friend of my brothers in brisbane last week, and he just sold his clio sport because he could not stand the different mapping that it had. He said that one map had what felt about 100kw, but if you flogged the car for around 15 minutes as hard as that 100kw would go, it pulled the other map out of its computer brain and gave him the extra 20 or whatever kw that he paid for. he spoke to the service guys and they all told him it was an aust. flaw and could not be fixed.

Would this have something to do with your problem?????????????????
    Never heard of this before .... other then being cold (when some cars will run a little rich for a while) .. 15 mins of flogging for a 20% increase in power due to a re-map based on driver style of a RCS .. that's new.

Yes many auto's adjust to driving style ... but a whole jeckle and hyde act on the RCS ... tell us more.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Yep I heard that too.

A mate just sold his 03 RCS and he said it used to go so much harder after it'd been cained for 10-15min.

He found it quite annoying.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information