Clio 182 - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Clio 182

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by bx16valve
    I am over in Auckland next week for work so I will test drive a 182 there and let you know what they are like.
    Hi bx16valve,

Did you manage to find time to take a 182 for a test drive?

Advertisement

Has anyone else heard rumours about the 182 coming to Oz?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by blacklotus99
    And this is precisely the point. Unfortunately we here in aus are so insignificant in terms of the global motor economy that very, very few manufacturers give a crap about australia.
    from recent dealer visits, I think German manufactures do give a crap. Except BMW, because if you don't wear a suit or a set of shiny track suit, they won't serve you! Which is fine because I and a few people who are actaully purchasing soon have been on a shopping spree, Audi. damn they give a crap about stuff, drove teh A3 today, fantastic everything you expect from a German car maker, with out the BMW fuss of being high class... they are not! The guy even suggested a few good routes to take teh car, threw me the keys and said don't come back till you have had enough. And i took his words seriously. while my friend was almost signign for the TT. Anyway, great car, he asked me why i brought it back to him, i said it wasn't my colour and i want the Sportback version. Now, normally the dealer would tell you, we odnt' know nothing, its just released on Germany no idea. Nope, he sat down with me told me all he knows about the sportback, which is possible release in Jan, i should be able to sampel it at the motor show, prices will be the same as the 3door, similar trim and goodies, options remain the same, fantastic car, could send me all the new photos of it if I like, got my details and will call me when there is one available to sample as a test drive. All this, about a car, that is not likely to land here for another 7 months. Perfect!
    Karl
    -----------------

Just back from NZ. Ended up so tied up with work I didn't get a chance to get near a renault dealership..I'll try again in a few weeks when I am next there.

Quote Originally Posted by storms_of_fate
    ...Audi. damn they give a crap about stuff, drove teh A3 today, fantastic everything you expect from a German car maker, with out the BMW fuss of being high class... they are not! The guy even suggested a few good routes to take teh car, threw me the keys and said don't come back till you have had enough. And i took his words seriously....
    I keep hearing people say that Audi's are a waste of money, as you are essentially paying more for Volkswagen engineering in a different body. What do you think?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

i know you didn't ask me this question... but i will throw my in here.

2 of my brothers both own 2003 a4 1.8t ( one is a quattro) and my father had a TT about 18 months ago.

i can vouch for a very high fit and finish of all these cars. the quality and fit and finish is much greater over VW's we have previously had in the family(polo, Golf, beatle). reliability has never once been an issue and Audi really seems to be taking care of there customers. my father now has a 03' M3, and the build quality, especially the interior is greater in the Audi.

Next car dad is looking at going back to Audi over BMW. probably and RS4.

1000+ Posts

Europa,

Pretty much what i've heard, Audi-VW are essentially the same cars...

A guy i work with used to work for the sole distributor of the Volks group in Belgium (subsequently had a huge interest in cars!!!).

As he said...
    There are a lot of (well maybe, moderate) differences, but there's more & more parts on each car that are identical as each year passes...
    His overall comments where "they're the same car"...

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    I keep hearing people say that Audi's are a waste of money, as you are essentially paying more for Volkswagen engineering in a different body. What do you think?
    i was one of those people, till i actually sat in one, and now driven one. just take teh A3 for eg, yes under that body is the next Golf, down to every single nut. But, look at teh Golf V and the new A3... i know which one I'd want.
    Beside the looks, the Audis do have a higher finish quality, and not just by a small margin. Comparing to the VW, Audis are in a diferent class and they are. The A3 is very nicely finished, everything is done very well. Every button has the same click and feel, everything operates like a precision instruments. No question excellent quality and dare I say, better then any BMW.
    Reno is dead right on the service level as well, I think i said before. I walked into the Bimmer dealer, no one served us, Bimmers look at you first, if you have deep pockets they don't really care who drive their cars. Audi, as soon as I walked in a salesman broke free from his coversation with another salesman, walked over extended a hand and asked if there's anything he could do. We asked to drive this, this, this, and that. 2 minutes later, he came back with the keys. in BMW, they dont' want you touch their cars, in Audi they are not hapyp if you DONT want to go for a drive.
    If i can afford it, I'm looking at the A3 Sportback FSI Turbo, landing here first quater next year.
    To me, Audi is value for money, because I take value in the whole package. the car maybe 70%, but a large portion goes into the service, what are my fellow owners like etc. No offence to anyone, but any track suit wearing leb with a dog has a doofed up 318, that comment came form a leb friend of mine so go figure.
    Karl
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    "they're the same car"...
    if you look at cars not only from a mechanical point of view, then they are totally diferent cars. Look at cars in terms of feel, how you feel wheny ou sit in it, how you feel when you look at it, then you'll realise the Audis are much more then just amarni suit wearing VWs. And sometimes you can't look at a car in terms of how quickly it devours a corner.
    I mean i had a Volvo C70 convertible for a little while, that was a shit car for anything corner, or bumps. truly dreaful of a beast only the americans like it. then I managed to destroy a 318 with full sick body kits, and a SP20 with full sick body kits on a straight... think about it, beaten by a large volvo the size of the V70 estate. now that, is fun!
    Karl
    -----------------

I just spent the weekend trying to get a deal on a Clio Sport.

Anyone who thinks the new 182 will be next year think again.
    The current stock of 172 they are trying to flog are all 2003 build vehicles. I don't think there are any 2004 built Sports available.

Anyway, they are selling them of for a reasonable price (well they are technically a year old). $32800 drive away.

Think i will wait a little bit longer until they are desperate to get rid of them

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information