WTD R10 Under Trays
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By renault8&10

Thread: WTD R10 Under Trays

Default WTD R10 Under Trays

Looking for the front and rear R10 under trays .

Advertisement

if anyone can help out, that would be appreciated.

Angelo

I have a half share in a set. I need to see if they are better than the ones i have.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using aussiefrogs mobile app

I’ve never seen the very front undertray, the one under the spare wheel. It’s in the parts manuals but never seen one. If anyone has one I’d love to get one.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    I’ve never seen the very front undertray, the one under the spare wheel. It’s in the parts manuals but never seen one. If anyone has one I’d love to get one.
    KB, sorry if I wasn't clear, but they are the two trays that go under the car which protects the water pipes, hand brake cable, etc.

The are 'U' shaped and are each fixed to the underside using 4 x M6 bolts.

I don't have a picture but they are in the manual (which I don't have with me now).

No R8 Dream. I know exactly which ones you mean, the ones front and rear of the main cross member.

I was just commenting that according to the parts manuals, there is also meant to be a tray that covers the spare wheel area. I have never seen one in the flesh.
    JohnW likes this.
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

When I did the R10 Alconi I borrowed a set in perfect condition, polished the inside surface with wax, sprayed it with release agent, then black gelcoat, then fibreglass. I then popped out a set of perfect reproductions in fibreglass using the steel ones as the mould. I then returned the steel ones to the owner, nicely polished and looking better than new.

When they are bolted under the car with a rubber gasket around the outside perimeter there is no way anyone can tell they are not original steel ones (unless you are a follower of AF).

The only difference is that they are apx 1.5 mm undersize due to the moulding process.

and when you retire, you can potter about making all these fibreglass bits for the rest of us!!
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

KB, I am sure there are heaps of youtube videos on how to make stuff in fibreglass. I gave the same simple instructions to a friend's son who is an airline pilot, he has now made a few engine cowling and inlet system parts for a Porsche he is restoring.

Retirement for me is a dream unless I win lotto, past retirement age, self employed still working to keep up with the bills.

No R8 Dream. I know exactly which ones you mean, the ones front and rear of the main cross member.

I was just commenting that according to the parts manuals, there is also meant to be a tray that covers the spare wheel area. I have never seen one in the flesh.
    Oh sorry - Yes! I think I saw some once before, but likely to have been for rally purposes? Or even snow in Europe?

You might be confusing that with a "Sump guard" R8 Dream, which was usually an aluminium plate bolted under the car usually with a front lip which comes up the front of the car.

The parts manual shows a slightly bigger version of the main front cover under the gearstick etc, except this one covers the spare wheel.
    KB

1000+ Posts

You might be confusing that with a "Sump guard" R8 Dream, which was usually an aluminium plate bolted under the car usually with a front lip which comes up the front of the car.

The parts manual shows a slightly bigger version of the main front cover under the gearstick etc, except this one covers the spare wheel.
    No there is a tray for the spare tyre in the parts manual. Without checking I thought it was for countries that got lots of snow. Perhaps I should go and check but my manuals are out back and its dark and there might be boogy mans said my little grandson. I guess I should show him there isn't and go and get them. Nuh perhaps tomorrow.

There you go, learnt something new today! Must say never seen one live
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fellow Frogger!

Hi, I think I have the panels you need (or at least one of them), PM me or call 0414275534. KB the next time you see me with the Caravelle, take a look beneath the spare wheel. Chris Hartwell.

Chris, can I bring my tools?
    KB

Thread Information