Renault Megane RS
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim Luck

Thread: Renault Megane RS

Default Renault Megane RS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4cWp7894s

Give your brain and imagination a good workout. This bloke is just amazing with the facts, and he still speaks real english!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stopcat View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4cWp7894s

Give your brain and imagination a good workout. This bloke is just amazing with the facts, and he still speaks real english!
    Whilst he was canning the EDC transmission it was ironic that whilst he praised German twin clutch self shufflers he obviously didn't know that Renault's EDC is made by Getrag! (Now Magna PT.)
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Is it me or does that guy repeat himself a lot? He mentions the engine and power output fifty million times in the first five minutes and says nothing about the way it drives (maybe because he's driving it in a rather pedestrian mode). He also stands around the car and talks a lot about irrelevant stuff. Meh.

I miss Top Gear.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Warranty - what warranty?

Why do the poms get a 4 year warranty and us a paltry 3 year???
    Golf now is FIVE YEAR.

So much for Renault Australia wanting to take care of its market share.

The way the road tester was driving the RS the poms could easily put a 10 year warranty on it over there..............

P.S: It might have something to do with the fact that VW have a lot of trust to rebuild....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

The change from 5 years back to the previous 3 years on RS 's in Australia is very hard to understand!Orignally 3 , went to 5, now 3 again,doesn't inspire confidence,all mainstream Renault cars are 5!
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

I'd suggest that if like transport operators you guys did oil quality checks on a regular basis you might find that even with the best oils the wear and tear on a small turbo engine (and it's drivetrain) even if driven only occasionally on the track but hard mostly (otherwise why would you buy one?) the test results may surprise you. They have obviously surprised Renault Australia! In owning eight new non RS Renaults we have only had one recall and one Warranty Claim, and that was when the front end fell out of my new R16TS on my epic 7,500 mile round trip from Melbourne to Darwin and back via Bourke and Alice Springs, Christmas Holidays (three weeks) back in 1970.
    P.S: Back then, the warranty was just SIX MONTHS, so I reckon you shouldn't complain too much!
    dvr likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

VW may have a 5 year warranty, but just try to get anything done under it!

I have bored you all before with the story of daughter's Golf gearbox, so shan't again, but the process of getting a satisfactory response took 2 years, all available firepower and nearly drove my daughter nuts ( they used some really nasty tactics to break her down )

To be fair, once they ran up the white flag, they ended up fixing it properly and it is now ( so far ) OK, but it was not an experience that either of us are keen to repeat.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post
    Why do the poms get a 4 year warranty and us a paltry 3 year???
    Golf now is FIVE YEAR.

So much for Renault Australia wanting to take care of its market share.

Thread Information