Clio 2 1.4 (2006) ECU warning light on - help? - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Clio 2 1.4 (2006) ECU warning light on - help?

1000+ Posts

OK, so I've disconnected the loom connector at the pedal end and cleaned the pins and sockets with CRC contact cleaner. Did the in-out-in-out thing with the connector about ten times. I couldn't access the socketed connectors to squeeze them a little, so I tweaked the pins on the pedal side a little to bias them a tad one way and force a better connection with one side of the socket. Then, bought Chemtools Conductive Grease from Jaycar and used a little of this on each pin. As this is designed to maintain sliding contact and avoid galling or galvanic corrosion, I thought it was ideal for a connector which might move slightly in its mounting. There wasn't anywhere I could cable tie around to keep the plug still.

Cleaned up the throttle body end as well but without grease as it is as tight as a...tight thing. Polished the pins with fine carborundum paper.

No light has appeared so far after a ten km test, but that's the nature of these beasts - it's just as likely to happen tomorrow morning when I'm at work!

Advertisement

Oh, I tested the TPS output using the graphic setting on the OBD scanner and the trace is dead straight after you move your foot and steady it. I think this device may come in useful one day when an engine sensor goes on the blink.
    Last edited by Stuey; 6th February 2019 at 06:48 PM.
    JohnW likes this.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Touch wood, but the problem has not recurred! Could the Magic Grease be the answer?
    JohnW likes this.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information