Virage paint code
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By COL

Thread: Virage paint code

Fellow Frogger!

Default Virage paint code

Looking for some touch-up and spray paint for a white 1978 Virage. Still has the paint code under the bonnet but some online digging doesn't shed any light. Not sure if the "Sno White" will match with anything called that by another maker. I've heard Alpine White and Ghost Gum White mentioned before too, not sure if they are Virage or older 12 colours.

Paint code is Dulux, SNO WHITE 566-17174

Cheers

Advertisement
    2009 Citroen C5 HDI 2.0
    1978 Renault Virage
    1963 Lightburn Zeta
    1969 NSU Ro80

COL

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Looking for some touch-up and spray paint for a white 1978 Virage. Still has the paint code under the bonnet but some online digging doesn't shed any light. Not sure if the "Sno White" will match with anything called that by another maker. I've heard Alpine White and Ghost Gum White mentioned before too, not sure if they are Virage or older 12 colours.

Paint code is Dulux, SNO WHITE 566-17174

Cheers
    If you have the paint code you should be able to go to any reputable paint supplier, and they should be able to mix you up some paint in either a pot or a spray can.
    Sunroof likes this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

If you want to do a complete respray the the paint code is good. If you are doing a touch-up or partial respray then it's better to match the paint as they would be some weathering that will have changed the colour over time.
    If you take a sample of the paint to any panel beater they should be able to match. They have machines that put on the panel and it give them a readout of the formula to match the sample. The plenum is good as it's easily unscrewed and has weathered paint on the outside and pristine paint on the inside. Doors, boot lid, and bonnet are also good but of course and much larger to remove and lug around.
    Some paint shops might also be able to match by colour.

The ghost-gum colour and alpine white are off-white, Sno white I believe is a pure white.

Cheers
    RTT
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Thread Information