• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Steve K
  • 1 Post By COL

Thread: Full size spare on 2018 Clio Zen

Tadpole

Default Full size spare on 2018 Clio Zen

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but couldn't seem to find this out. Just waiting on finance to add a new Clio to the family for myself. Have a '18 Megane GT-Line and recently sold my first French car I ever owned, '13 Peugeot 208, great little car but warranty was about up so wanted another Frenchy! Puggle had a full size spare as does the Megane, but the Clio (haven't named it yet ;-)) has a temp. I've found a great deal on a Michelin tyre, just need to buy the matching Clio wheel, but wondering if anyone knows if the full size spare and alloy wheel will fit where the temp spare lives now? Not sure if anyone has swapped it out, but just prefer to have a full size, have always hated the little donuts and puncture kits! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

You are buying a NEW Clio?
    Would have expected the dealer to do the legwork and sort this for you eh?
    Vehicle sales are not that easy these days.
    Get the salesman to earn his keep!
    JohnW, David Cavanagh and SLC206 like this.

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    You are buying a NEW Clio?
    Would have expected the dealer to do the legwork and sort this for you eh?
    Vehicle sales are not that easy these days.
    Get the salesman to earn his keep!
    Yer shouldn't be hard to look in the boot.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

COL

In my experience with these space saver tyres (that I think are a waste of time), when you get a puncture you need somewhere to stow the punctured tyre till you get it fixed. The well where the space saver is stored has enough room to put a full size tyre.
    JoshyJ likes this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JoshyJ View Post
    Hi all,

I've searched the forum but couldn't seem to find this out. Just waiting on finance to add a new Clio to the family for myself. Have a '18 Megane GT-Line and recently sold my first French car I ever owned, '13 Peugeot 208, great little car but warranty was about up so wanted another Frenchy! Puggle had a full size spare as does the Megane, but the Clio (haven't named it yet ;-)) has a temp. I've found a great deal on a Michelin tyre, just need to buy the matching Clio wheel, but wondering if anyone knows if the full size spare and alloy wheel will fit where the temp spare lives now? Not sure if anyone has swapped it out, but just prefer to have a full size, have always hated the little donuts and puncture kits! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!
    At least it came with a space saver...unlike my (previous) MK2 and (current) MK3 Focus RS which only came with a stupid inflation goop kit.....needless to say I sourced a space saver which fits under the boot floor perfectly....Space savers are not ideal but at least do the temporary job of getting you back until the puncture is repaired (or tyre replaced) on your regular wheel.
    1969 Alpine A110

In the last 20 years or more I have only had two punctures. Both were caused by nails or screws, one multiple, encountered on dirt forest roads. Current puncture repair (plug) outfits and a 12V compressor can fix most punctures excluding wall damage. They take up less space and weigh less than a full sized spare wheel.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Tadpole

Thanks guys! Appreciate the help. Upon picking up the car last week, I noticed the spare was mounted underneath the boot on the outside. I measured and it seems the full size tyre won't fit. Just a bit too big. No idea why I remember seeing the spare underneath the boot floor on the inside, so there goes that idea, but many thanks for everyone's help! So far so good, really liking the little runabout. Was tempted to get a Megane RS this next spring and replace the Clio but now after seeing the new 2020 Clio and the proposed 225bhp Clio, I'm tempted to get that I stead even though I loved the Megane RS we took for a spin while they finished detailing my Clio. Funny how my partner had a '14 Golf and came from a Corolla, and love the way the Golf handled and drove. But after getting the Megane and recently hiring a Golf R on the Gold Coast, the Golf felt soft, floppy handling, and just overall boring to drive compared to the Megane. Absolutely a French car but now. And one thing I love, something stupid I know, but the bonnet has a gas strut instead of the cheapy usual bonnet prop rod. Was pretty impressed. Granted the interior is built to a price, but the ride, handling, options like LED headlights, key less start, and beautiful style more than make up for its hard plastic interior trim. Renault for life.

Thread Information