Dude pimp my ride..
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Dude pimp my ride..

Default Dude pimp my ride..

Here's a custom job with no holds barred right down to the alligator skin roof.

Take a bog standard ZC4 and add bling..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qD__911xniw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Advertisement

NERVA.JPG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dude pimp my ride..-zc4.png  

That car has been severely pimpled.......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

Each to their own - but for me, too much money and not enough taste.
    Sunroof and JustinJapan1964 like this.

1000+ Posts

Not for me at any price.

The craftsmanship whether in wood, metal or fabric is exquisite. Don't forget it is now a middle eastern lady, not a Parisienne one!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Yes I admire the craftsmanship of many different disciplines and the audacity to carry it all out. I suspect this is the work of many people else it would take a whole lifetime to learn all the different skills and complete all the work if it were just one soul.

I'd hate be the guy who keeps it clean and polished.

Oh, and I want that engine
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 6th January 2019 at 08:31 PM.

Actually love the car .....

Its Aussie Frogs new picture size that is stupid. What a load of horse manure.....????

Ray
    robint likes this.
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Quote Originally Posted by geckoeng View Post
    Actually love the car .....

Its Aussie Frogs new picture size that is stupid. What a load of horse manure.....????

Ray
    I'm pissed that I have to now reduce every image instead of posting what I thought was a reduced thumbnail which could be blown up by the viewer as required. Perhaps the admins will explain what's happened?
    Dano likes this.

Tadpole

Check out this page...... heaps of larger pix ..... https://www.tunisieauto.tn/la-magnif...e-rabat-maroc/
    59 Floride and Kenfuego like this.

Not my style, but you can't help but take your hat off to him....some exquisite craftsmanship and attention to detail there....
    1969 Alpine A110

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    Yes I admire the craftsmanship of many different disciplines and the audacity to carry it all out. I suspect this is the work of many people else it would take a whole lifetime to learn all the different skills and complete all the work if it were just one soul. I'd hate be the guy who keeps it clean and polished.

Oh, and I want that engine
    Hi 59 Floride
    Forget that engine here is the one you need :https://www.ebay.com.au/i/223025293766
    Be quick there are 264 watchers already
    Jaahn
    Kenfuego likes this.

Oh did I let that slip..?

No it has to be a straight 8 side valve, anyone got one?

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi 59 Floride
    Forget that engine here is the one you need :https://www.ebay.com.au/i/223025293766
    Be quick there are 264 watchers already
    Jaahn
    That's a Cromwell tank engine, later used on several other British tanks. It's not just a Merlin with the supercharger removed! If you really want one, look no further: https://www.baiv.nl/blog/2017/02/09/...h-accessories/

Am I the only one that finds is odd that among the "Similar Items" there is a listing for a Suzuki Mightyboy Ute?
    I guess in someone's universe a 2 cylinder 550cc car is similar to a circa 16 litre V12 or maybe they're suggesting that one should fit the Merlin engine to the Mightyboy to gain a few more HP if the standard 28 horses aren't enough.
    J-man and jaahn like this.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    That's a Cromwell tank engine, later used on several other British tanks. It's not just a Merlin with the supercharger removed! If you really want one, look no further: https://www.baiv.nl/blog/2017/02/09/...h-accessories/
    Hi
    Is this a usual example of army intelligence
    "Investment in these days was almost £ 92K per engine! Most of the engines were rebuilt to full standard specification. Delivery was performed in the period 1991-1993. The Centurion proved to be very successful. However the major operations in Iraq were almost over at the time the engines were dJelivered. So most of the engines were transported straight into the MOD Warehouse."
    Jaahn

1000+ Posts

Hi
    "Investment in those days was almost £ 92K per engine! Most of the engines were rebuilt to full standard specification. Delivery was performed in the period 1991-1993. The Centurion proved to be very successful. However the major operations in Iraq were almost over at the time the engines were delivered. So most of the engines were transported straight into the MOD Warehouse."

Now to be sold of for almost nothing to colectors I guess. Good to see where the defence waste our money on great ideas.

Jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    "Investment in these days was almost £ 92K per engine! Most of the engines were rebuilt to full standard specification. Delivery was performed in the period 1991-1993. The Centurion proved to be very successful. However the major operations in Iraq were almost over at the time the engines were dJelivered. So most of the engines were transported straight into the MOD Warehouse."
    Jaahn
    I thought the intelligent part was sending armoured vehicles off to war with no back-up spares. It was OK though, they would have asked the enemy to stop attacking them until the spares arrived!
    jaahn and J-man like this.

Anyway, enough of tanks and back to the car.

Huge amount of skill and attention to details but it still looks ghastly.
    Were they having a sale on ***ari rugs at the time and why use a rug for the roof liner.

As this is the last remaining 1935 Neva Sport, perhaps a little restraint might have been more sympathetic.
    Admittedly, parts would have been a problem.
    But he owns the car and he is entitled to do whatever he likes, even if no one else likes it.

Cheers
    RTT
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

RTT, I like it very much ........!!!!
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    Anyway, enough of tanks and back to the car.

Huge amount of skill and attention to details but it still looks ghastly.
    Were they having a sale on ***ari rugs at the time and why use a rug for the roof liner.

As this is the last remaining 1935 Neva Sport, perhaps a little restraint might have been more sympathetic.
    Admittedly, parts would have been a problem.
    But he owns the car and he is entitled to do whatever he likes, even if no one else likes it.

Cheers
    RTT
    The restoration took fourteen years (like some R10's, etc.) but at least you can see where the money was spent. Some of those Crocodile skins would have taken that long to grow! When the restoration started it probably wasn't the last Nervasport...........

When the restoration started it probably wasn't the last Nervasport...........
    There were only 36 1935 Nervasport models built and all the others were destroyed during the war so yes, it was the last one when the 'restoration' started.
    Yes, a lot of skill and attention to detail involved and the craftsmanship is superb.
    But his car, his money, his time, so he's entitled to do as he sees fit and the only person he has to please is himself.
    If this is what floats his boat then that's all that matters.
    For me, less is more.

Cheers
    RTT
    jaahn likes this.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robint View Post
    Check out this page...... heaps of larger pix ..... https://www.tunisieauto.tn/la-magnif...e-rabat-maroc/
    A.....Trifle overdone methinks.

There could be one in amongst this lot..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sted-away.html

Not sure about their assumption that they were being hidden from zee Germans. Looks more like a wrecking yard of the time to me , with most vehicles incomplete/stuffed. Still interesting discovery though
    Sunroof likes this.
    cheers,

John

1000+ Posts

More of an interest to me is the clarity of the photographs, no shadows so it looks like the images were taken with back lighting with static flood lights and then open shutter used while the foreground was exposed by many flash lights. Used to be a technique used by our crime scene photographers, flash exposure from many angles means perfect shadowless images.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information