ABS/ESC failure on 2016 Renault Kangoo
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default ABS/ESC failure on 2016 Renault Kangoo

Dear Members,
    Had opened a thread about this before. Jaahn posted
    on it, thank you... Cannot find that thread any more.
    Anyway here is an interesting problem. And again someone might have an advice..
    The Kangoo has ABS,ESC,TC,Hill Holder.
    Everything works as Spec. but it fails ( all those functions including the up and down eco gear shift info ) after about 25 kms.. Before this happens one will notice a on /of rough crunching/ grinding noise from the brakes whilst you have your foot on the brake pedal for normal traffic response ( not emergency ).
    After shut down and alarm for ABS and ESC are on,the braking is normal , smooth...maybe some little sound from slightly glaced front discs.
    After standstlill of the car for about 90 minutes the system will reset itself after some distance ( about 300 m to 1 km ).All functions ok again.

If you do not touch the brakes the system wil not shut down.... which is odd because I would think if there was a corrupted signal ECS should trigger an Alarm
    then...
    It seems that ( when using the brakes ) the ABS gets a currupted Signal making the Modulator do something which des not corrrespond with other inputs.
    The Service centre has repeatedly changed Wheelspeed Sensors ,and also the ABS module , they have also checked wiring connectors.

Now acting on Advice of the technicians at Renault Australia/ Melbourne they are going to replace the Looms.
    I have given them many times now my observations, have begged them to work together and also contacting the Manufacturer.
    I do not receive any response....After Sales Service on Warranty shows it true color when things go tough. !!
    Almost a year now since initial breakdown.

I think the fault is there all the time and an internal ABS checks disangages the system at a certain time.
    What I do not unerstand is that the system stays functionable when brakes are not used.
    If there was a defective wire it should not start working in the first place or it should shut down an account of not ABS but ESC.
    Would anyone have an idea on this...

I will post how this will find its conclusion.

Advertisement

Best Regards from Guenther

Have they replaced any wheel bearing ?

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

1000+ Posts

Hi guenther
    Here is the previous thread. ESC and ABS on 2016 Renault Kangoo Maxi
    I would be taking the problem to the Fair Trading consumer affairs dept and the NRMA for advice, as it is a serious safety issue.
    Or asking for another car !
    Jaahn

COL

I would be contacting Renault Australia direct, here is the link to their website

https://www.renault.com.au/contact_us

If no joy is gained from this then get in touch with Fair Trading, here is a link to their website

https://www.cas.fairtrading.nsw.gov....s/Vehicle.html

12 months is to long and this should of been sorted out by now.

Good luck with it.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Tadpole

Thank you for the reply's
    The wheel bearings: the tyre shop recently replacing the tyres found the bearing ok... I have no knowledge of the sevice department replacing them.
    They told me they checked and swopped the rear pole rings.
    Renault Australia Customer Service:
    Yes I have been reporting to them often.
    First there was an issue with the car getting up to temperature , which turned out to be normal on these cars ,they say.. then there was an engine oil issue , now this ABS problem.... they do not answer me any more...
    I am not saying its a bad car, but they way they handle warranty repairs is shocking.
    Think about this: the ABS problem srarted in Feb . I was living in Jindabyne at the time. I took to car to Albury.
    Had it there 3 times , they replaced the rear WSS' s , nothing worked out . So they assumed ,after talking to Renault Melbourne, it must be the Module .This also had to come from France.
    But had not arrived by the time I moved back to the Blue Mountains. With Service Managers in Albury and Sydney (its their car...) it was talked over that the Module ordered for my car would be forwarded to Sydney for them to follow the repair.
    I left the car with the Sydney Service Centre and went for 10 weeks to Europe.
    When I came back they told me they were not allowed to take over the ordered Module. They also can not access the info between the Albury workshop and Renault Melbourne.
    So they replaced the WSS again , then came to the conclusion after talking to Renault Melbourne (!!) it must be the Module. It was again ordered in France . Again 5 weeks later installed and found to be the wrong one. A new one was ordered then in October, and with this one we have that discribed fault...

Its real annoying.
    Every time little demages get done to the car , or just carelessness , not fastening clips a.s o.
    I agree with Jaahn , I should have started legal actions ..
    I always think , the workshop I am complaining about , will still do the work.
    But how will they work then.
    So , I still try to be polite.....
    But I guess its the wrong approach here.

Wishing you all peacefull days now and a happy New Year

Default ABS/ESC failure on 2016 Renault Kangoo

Iím thinking itís a failed wheel bearing tone wheel

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Thread Information