R1135 Gordini 1967
  • Register
  • Help

Default R1135 Gordini 1967

Hi out there,
    Does any body know if there is record of R1135 rally cars of between 1967 & 1971. I would like to know the history of my car during these years. There is no evidence of a roll cage being fitted to my car, no bolt down holes. The bodywork has damage that leads me to think that possibly it was used this way. RMS cannot help, useless!
    Ross

Advertisement

1969 Alpine A110

Simon might be able to help as well. I think he has info about virtually every R8G sold here.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by rosbosca View Post
    Hi out there,
    Does any body know if there is record of R1135 rally cars of between 1967 & 1971. I would like to know the history of my car during these years. There is no evidence of a roll cage being fitted to my car, no bolt down holes. The bodywork has damage that leads me to think that possibly it was used this way. RMS cannot help, useless!
    Ross
    No doubt you have tried this?

http://www.r8gordiniregister.com/?i=1

Unfortunately, the works rally cars were identified by their numberplate issued, not something substantial like a diamond plate or chassis number. Rob’s database (linked above) is the best place to start and often has both IDs mentioned above. A couple of the rally cars were reregistered during their life so unless that info is known, tracking them could be difficult.

Isn’t your car blue though rosbosca? The works R8’s (1135) were all Daffodil yellow I thought. That would mean it was a privateer one if any. Nonetheless, Robs database is as accurate as you’ll get for all the Australian R1135’s regardless of where they came from originally.

The other to remember. Back then, you had to own a CAMS license in order to buy an R8G new, so they probably all had some form of Motorsport history even if it was just club level and not everyone ran a rollbar back then.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    The other to remember. Back then, you had to own a CAMS license in order to buy an R8G new, so they probably all had some form of Motorsport history even if it was just club level and not everyone ran a rollbar back then.
    Not all were sold to CAMS license holders (as required by Renault Australia) there were a few sold to non license holders such as my car. It also has no race or rally history except for a few lap dashes and hill climbs in the '80's.
    I believe the salesman who sold my car new got into some trouble from his boss at Seymours for selling it to a non rally team/licence holder. Word on the street was he was sacked, but don't quote me on that.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

Default My R1135

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Not all were sold to CAMS license holders (as required by Renault Australia) there were a few sold to non license holders such as my car. It also has no race or rally history except for a few lap dashes and hill climbs in the '80's.
    I believe the salesman who sold my car new got into some trouble from his boss at Seymours for selling it to a non rally team/licence holder. Word on the street was he was sacked, but don't quote me on that.

Good afternoon Paul,

What makes it harder to track is that the register is not complete. On checking you will find that my car does not appear. It is very possible, as that I get further into the restoration, damage to panels suggests a hard life. This was evident when the car was blasted. I am determined not to give up, maybe some day.
    Ross

Hi,
    Yes my car is Cannes Blue. Have owned since 1990, with the previous owner since 1974, a mate of mine.

Thanks, maybe Simon may contact me. The original rego is AII534. Still have the plates.

Thnks, I believe that rollbars became compulsory in 1971.

Thread Information