• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SMM

Thread: UKs rarest cars: 1976 Renault 12 TL, one of only nine left

SMM

Default UKs rarest cars: 1976 Renault 12 TL, one of only nine left

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/cla...one-nine-left/

An interesting series in the Daily Telegraph, I wonder how many Renault 12s are on the road here

Advertisement
    Dano likes this.
    SMM

Current Citroen - : 1997 Xm Exclusive Series II, C4 VTR

Previous Citroens: 2006 C5, 1991 Xm Series 1, 1999 Xsara 1.8, 1988 Bx TRI

Nice.

We probably have more than nine.

Yonks ago (early nineties), I have seen a beautiful baby blue RHD 12 wagon in Eastern Europe registered locally. Beautiful, as in with a nice patina, not show example. I would have loved to have that car.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

I used to work on these back in the mid to late '80s. Collapsing dashboards, grinding rivets out of the ball joints to fit the bolt in replacement kits, the special tools - the pin punch to get the inner drive shaft joints off - the wire clown hat to stretch CV joint boots on, a funnel 4 feet high welded to a modified radiator cap for filling and bleeding the cooling system. Oh, and droopy sunvisors. Calls from people looking for a replacement for their 'missing' accelerator pedal rubber. The auto boxes with dementia when their electronic brain died.

And the calls from mechanics wanting to know where to get a set of valve stem seals!

Nice car to drive, economical. I have a wagon here at the moment - but it's a wee bit terminal...

Thread Information